Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield replacement and Climate control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I wanted to share feedback as i found this on a few places searching online and recently had the same issue.

As i reported before i cracked my MYP windshield at around 2000 miles. This was replaced at a Tesla facility.

A few days later i found the problem with climate control.
1. when on auto setting the fan would blow at a constant level 5 and only to the windshield, there was not fan control to the vents to the driver or passenger. They did however work in manual mode.
2. when left unattended the interior temperature would erroneously read very high, and yes i am aware of the greenhouse effect, but at 2am inside my garage with an exterior temp of 53`F i would not have an interior temp of 114`F... regardless, the climate does not come on and try and cool the car as obviously it is not hot. If you leave the app open the temp would start dropping back down to normal.

Tesla confirmed the issue, booked a mobile service, then canceled it saying it needed to go to SC based on over the diagnostics reporting a short circuit.
Took the car, it was there for a day and no solution, they needed support from engineering.
Following work day they alerted me early it was completed.

After much discussion all i could get out of them is that it was a software update to the temp sensor. This is exactly what i found online on different sites.
It does all work now and i don't appear to have any issue but since these windshield seem to crack easily it may well become an issue for others, so if unfortunate to get the same issue explain the above to the SC.

BTW, the SC team was very responsive and i have no complaint about how it was worked or how i was supported.

Reactions: nate704
Hi,
I wanted to share feedback as i found this on a few places searching online and recently had the same issue.

As i reported before i cracked my MYP windshield at around 2000 miles. This was replaced at a Tesla facility.

A few days later i found the problem with climate control.
1. when on auto setting the fan would blow at a constant level 5 and only to the windshield, there was not fan control to the vents to the driver or passenger. They did however work in manual mode.
2. when left unattended the interior temperature would erroneously read very high, and yes i am aware of the greenhouse effect, but at 2am inside my garage with an exterior temp of 53`F i would not have an interior temp of 114`F... regardless, the climate does not come on and try and cool the car as obviously it is not hot. If you leave the app open the temp would start dropping back down to normal.

Tesla confirmed the issue, booked a mobile service, then canceled it saying it needed to go to SC based on over the diagnostics reporting a short circuit.
Took the car, it was there for a day and no solution, they needed support from engineering.
Following work day they alerted me early it was completed.

After much discussion all i could get out of them is that it was a software update to the temp sensor. This is exactly what i found online on different sites.
It does all work now and i don't appear to have any issue but since these windshield seem to crack easily it may well become an issue for others, so if unfortunate to get the same issue explain the above to the SC.

BTW, the SC team was very responsive and i have no complaint about how it was worked or how i was supported.
Do we know where the interior temp sensor is located? Our brand new Y seems to read very high, over 100 F, just a few seconds after leaving the car. We are in the desert. Typically these sensors are located in the plenum below the wipers and pick up engine and hood panel heat, giving unrealistically high readings.