Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Replacement experience

User3509

Aug 26, 2020
Orange County, CA
I recently had the windshield replaced on my wife’s 3. I thought the service center had done a great job but noticed a few odd issues afterwards. So if you ever get the windshield replaced, make sure to thoroughly and visually view every aspect of the windshield.

Today after washing the car, I noticed the service center broke the plastic piece for the front camera. They tried to hide it by super gluing it back together and I guess in the process they left some sort of pink cardboard wedged between the glass and the front camera. You can see the superglue white hue that runs from 9 to 6 and the pink paper or plastic.

I have scheduled another service appointment but just disappointed that they would tried to hide this.

Attachments

• 926BBDD5-5EBA-4DD2-B366-62A8BFD584F7.jpeg
    926BBDD5-5EBA-4DD2-B366-62A8BFD584F7.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 31AB239E-F7C5-40DE-B8FE-F03D28CAE9A4.jpeg
    31AB239E-F7C5-40DE-B8FE-F03D28CAE9A4.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC and LionXng

davidfrischer

Mar 31, 2021
Daly city, California
I also had a weird windshield replacement experience in SF. Customer service side was good but the glass techs damaged the speaker grill in the front. I didn't notice it first but it was somehow ripped in the process of replacing the windshield. They will be replacing the grill piece. I've had great service and not so great service for the car in the SF bay area.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC