Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield replacement in New Jersey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, a large rock struck my Model 3 windshield. The hit was large and directly in front of where I sit. My first call was to Safelite since their specialty is windshields, but there was a disclaimer stating that Tesla would have to “ recalibrate “ the camera and sensors. If I’d have to go to Tesla for recalibration , I might as well let Tesla do the whole job. I selected Tesla in Princeton since it’s 5 minutes from my house. The app gave me a date that was acceptable so I was confirmed.
Until Tesla in Princeton called me and instructed me to bring my car to the
Coleman GM body shop across the street. When I called the shop, they quoted me a price of $1700 due to
“ need to remove the headliner “ and due to the complexity of the project.
My last effort, was to call Tesla in Cherry Hill ( outside of Philly , in south Jersey). I was confirmed and the work was done flawlessly for $982.02.
I’m not sure why the replacement couldn’t have been done by Princeton Tesla but , it’s all fixed.

Seems legit. Even at $982 they took you or your insurance for a bit of a ride. $600 in parts, rest was labor.

How long did it take to schedule the app @ Cherry Hill? A week or more? And how long was the actual replacement? Guessing same day.

Cameras and AP no longer need any recalibration that a. can't be done by end user b. can't be mostly skipped with 2020.x software, so long as the camera and mirror assembly is not disconnected (unplugged) when replacing the windshield.