Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield replacement long wait time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cbdream99

Apr 8, 2017
DFW
I just took the delivery of my MS yesterday. On arrival, they told me they need to replace the windshield because of a defect (some sort of scuff), but glad they can fix it before delivery. Then on driving home discovered the right headlight won't lit up. Today I bought the car back and they reloaded the firmware which fixed the headlight issue, unfortunately I discovered the are excessive wind noise on highway, at first I thought it's the all glass roof but after another test drive with the technician, the noise is determined coming from the windshield - i.e. not fixing correctly - so off another windshield is needed, problem is 4-6 weeks wait time. How can it be ?

The windshield is not cracked, but bad? I would have thought that they installed it slightly 'proud' or 'low' compared to the roof - lots of turbulence there if they don't line up. That's a crazy wait time, I think Tesla prioritizes parts to hit quarter goals, then they release parts for service. 4-6 weeks from now is when they can no longer ship cars for delivery this quarter.

Yea, that's what the DS told me and didn't push him to give me the details since they already started on it. From reading between the statements from today's SA, she told me my previous one was snatched from another customer, so may be they find a bad windshield and didn't want to push the delivery wait time then have one shipped from CA to here but whoever did the install here didn't do the job correctly.