Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Replacement New Orleans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well my 4 week old M3 got hit by a rock while driving here from Oregon. I heard it hit but when I inspected on the trip I didn't see anything but It has now developed multiple cracks and needs replacement. I scheduled to have it done through the App and discovered that this cannot be performed by the mobile technician and has to be taken to the service center, in this case Pearl, MS which is three hours away.

I read that 3rd parties cannot replace the windshield due to issue with camera calibration but would appreciate any input from others that have had their windshield replaced here in NOLA.

Many thanks.

Well my 4 week old M3 got hit by a rock while driving here from Oregon. I heard it hit but when I inspected on the trip I didn't see anything but It has now developed multiple cracks and needs replacement. I scheduled to have it done through the App and discovered that this cannot be performed by the mobile technician and has to be taken to the service center, in this case Pearl, MS which is three hours away.

I read that 3rd parties cannot replace the windshield due to issue with camera calibration but would appreciate any input from others that have had their windshield replaced here in NOLA.

Many thanks.
I’ve heard some people say they have had their windshields replaced and Tesla calibrates the camera after the fact. I guess it’s worth asking if they can do that.

A quick update on the windshield status. Having checked with various suppliers the model 3 windshield is currently only available for replacement through Tesla service as there are no third party installers currently available. The windshield was a three week back order and it must be replaced at a service center as the mobile technician do not have the capability to do this. I ended up having to make an appointment at the Pearl service center. I had an early appointment and had to wait a couple of hours for it to cure once it was installed.

Note about this service center. This is not fully customer facing yet. Other than 4 chairs to sit on while waiting and there are no customer amenities yet. No coffee or vending, not even a trash can. They said it was only only a couple of weeks and I guess is waiting to be remodeled. It appears to have been previously a furniture store with the greeting desk being all that remains and different floor covering sections. Make sure you load up on food and drinks before you arrive if you have a long appointment time like I did.