Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield replacement under warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if anyone has tried to get their front windshield replaced under warranty on their Model S? I bought my 2016 Model S used and there is a very clear distortion on the passenger side of the front windshield. If I had been the one taking delivery originally as a new car, I would have rejected it for that and I have no doubt it would be a valid reason at that time as a brand new car.

But as a second owner who bought it used, will that fly? I am getting close to the warranty running out so I'm trying to get everything fixed that is not right with the car.

What do you guys think? Anyone with similar experience try to get windshield replaced under warranty? Will they laugh me out of service center?

I was wondering if anyone has tried to get their front windshield replaced under warranty on their Model S? I bought my 2016 Model S used and there is a very clear distortion on the passenger side of the front windshield. If I had been the one taking delivery originally as a new car, I would have rejected it for that and I have no doubt it would be a valid reason at that time as a brand new car.

But as a second owner who bought it used, will that fly? I am getting close to the warranty running out so I'm trying to get everything fixed that is not right with the car.

What do you guys think? Anyone with similar experience try to get windshield replaced under warranty? Will they laugh me out of service center?

they will laugh you out of service. get even with them by drinking all their coffee and taking home the pot.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
have this problem.....my wife's Model 3 has 3M crystalline 50% and it is "crystal clear".......my new Model S has the exact same file from the same dealer, same p/n and same lot number.....it is like the windshield was sand blasted......lots of ghosting both before and after tinting

I had mine replaced. Had distortion in the driver side of the windshield. Replaced under warranty.

Attachments

• warranty.jpg
    warranty.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 398
I am on my third windshield, fracking of the Marcellus Shelf for dino fuel lead to a white utility van and brine truck infestation, some without mudflaps. Every time State Farm took care of it, I just footed them the Tesla SC bill. Hopefully now that the oil cos have laid off almost everyone after the Rosneft/Saudi price war and COVID, a new page will be turned here in Appalachia.

My windshield had some kind of lamination defect on the passenger side that caused a frosting in between the inner and outer layer. It was invisible except when the sun hit it just right, and then you couldn't see out of it towards the curb. This was when new so the SC took care of it, though it took a couple of weeks after delivery for me to see it and then discover I couldn't clean it off.