TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Windshield replacements mis-labeled

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jamieb, Jun 5, 2014.

1. jamieb

jamieb Member

Just a head's up, I got a rock in my windshield a week ago and arranged for its replacement at my local SC. Set aside Saturday morning to have this done, after a half hour they sheepishly called me to say that they'd opened the crate with the replacement windshield only to find that it contained a replacement for cars with the cold weather package (mine isn't so equipped) even though the crate was labeled as the correct (non cold weather) windshield. Happily they had not yet pulled off my cracked windshield.

They got a second mis-labeled replacement on Monday, so they contacted the factory and finally got the correct one in yesterday, my windshield is being replaced now.

So... there seems to be a batch of mis-labeled replacement windshields out in the field. If you need to have a windshield replaced, make sure they open the shipping crate and double-check that they have the correct replacement before they rip off your broken windshield.

Tesla service has been terrific throughout.

2. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

what does windshield replacement cost? Thx

- - - Updated - - -

3. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

I'm curious what the cold weather package does to the windshield itself to make it different.
    --

4. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

$1,300 plus tax/labour ..etc.

In my case, I was worried before mine got replaced because I have the winter package and I was afraid they would install the wrong one.

5. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

The cold weather package has wiper blade defrosters (which are just heating wires on the glass at the bottom of the screen where the wipers rest).