Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Shade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Lanzer, that one folds up really small...and it's cheap! Love that!

@MarkinArch, did you look at the Covercraft one before choosing the HeatShield?

I'm debating which style to get, the pop up kind or the big fold-up style.
I have a Covercraft on order, but they are not shipping until next month. Not sure if they are waiting until they have enough orders for a run, or if they haven’t designed it yet.

@fr100, that's pretty cute! I have the red too. I might copy your idea!

I got it on eBay for under $8. Sold on Amazon too if you want it faster.
20180720_185525.jpg

Looking at it online I think the one we already carry is as good if not better to be honest. The storage bag is included in the price and it’s custom fit. They charge 69.95 for just the shade and another 14.95 for the bag and then another 9$ for shipping. The one I already carry is 64.95 including the bag and free shipping. I will still get one coming and we can do a comparison for everyone.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
I'm using the "HeatShield". It is custom cut for Model 3 but not 100% perfect. Good enough for me though. Doesn't do much for keeping the car cooler (you would need to cover all the glass for that) but it keeps direct sunlight from reaching the seats most of the time.

https://www.amazon.com/HeatShield-Original-Sunshade-Tesla-Silver/dp/B07BVX82NJ

I got this one as well and like it a lot. I've had one for our 17 Volt for two years and like it. I tried a folding one first in the Volt and hated it. Bulky, hard to fold and actually not very good at its job.

Ok, maybe I'm being too fussy, but some of these look wrinkly. I guess I have it in my mind that I want it to look like the car was "born that way" with an integrated shade. A tailored fit like the roof shade that Tesla makes. Am I dreaming?

Can you take a photo of your HeadShield, @Foxtrotter?