Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Specks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See SMAlset's post above...soapy water and razor blade. Other threads on this topic (not sure which forum) have found that Bon Ami original formula cleanser also works. Many have reported that clay, rubbing alcohol, window cleaner, goo gone, etc are ineffective.

BTW I called our detailers and verified that one of the things I thought I remembered them telling me that they used was a small amount of polishing compound, which they did. I'm assuming that would be something similar to Bon Ami. Thought I should throw that out there so people don't waste time trying something that didn't work.

I did inform them what Telsa did (soapy water and razor blade) but some was missed and that we still had some residue left to remove. They suggested letting Tesla remove the rest as it's possible to scratch the glass and if removed by someone else and damage was done they could refuse to replace the windshield under warranty.

Last edited:
I have s motorcycle windshield with over 259,000 miles and a 2014 Silverado windshield. Both are pristine. Here’s my 2015 Model S windshield.

Is it a manufacturers defect? Should be replaced under warranty?

Attachments

• 51AE91D8-DA39-4E97-8ECC-C980CC97F346.jpeg
    51AE91D8-DA39-4E97-8ECC-C980CC97F346.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: The Other Dan
I’ve been particularly OCD about the cleanliness of my 3. One thing that is annoying me is the glass, especially the windshield.

I keep the windshield very clean, using Invisible Glass to clean it inside and out. Even after a cleaning, if my car is aimed toward the sun, I can see thousands of specks or pits in the windshield. I haven’t found a way to clean this, so I’m assuming these specks are ingrained into the glass?

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to take a picture with my iPhone of this, due to the lens not focusing at a macro length. Is anyone else experiencing this with their windshield as well? It’s very annoying when driving toward low sun. Your eyes veer right to the specks and it looks ugly as hell.

Thanks for your input.
I just bought a new Model X and I have the same specks inside my glass. I just made a service appointment.