Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Squirter Stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other day I had tree sap on my car from a valet. Tried to spray the squirters on the window. The First 2 tries were very sporadic, sprayed mostly on the driver's side, a lot on the glass roof. 3-4th try only the driver's side worked, very weak spray. 5-6th no fluid at all. This was the first time ever using it, I assume the tank would have more capacity than 3 or 4 sprays. Is this normal?

Tesla does not fill the 1.3 gallon washer fluid reservoir at delivery, only enough washer fluid to keep the low washer fluid warning indicator from coming on.

Use only the basic blue colored washer fluid, any other washer fluids with additives can cause streaking when using the windshield wipers.

Try washing the windshield while parked on your driveway or inside your garage. If a puddle of washer fluid appears underneath the Model Y then you know the plastic hose that connects to the washer fluid pump has come loose. (To fix this, first remove the plastic shroud under the frunk and look for a thin the black hose next to the coolant reservoir and the low voltage battery. Reattach the hose if it has come off. You can use a small tie wrap to secure the hose.)

Tesla does not fill the 1.3 gallon washer fluid reservoir at delivery, only enough washer fluid to keep the low washer fluid warning indicator from coming on.

Use only the basic blue colored washer fluid, any other washer fluids with additives can cause streaking when using the windshield wipers.

Try washing the windshield while parked on your driveway or inside your garage. If a puddle of washer fluid appears underneath the Model Y then you know the plastic hose that connects to the washer fluid pump has come loose. (To fix this, first remove the plastic shroud under the frunk and look for a thin the black hose next to the coolant reservoir and the low voltage battery. Reattach the hose if it has come off. You can use a small tie wrap to secure the hose.)
Why should I have to check all this on a brand-new vehicle? If it's empty it should alert me, right?

Why should I have to check all this on a brand-new vehicle? If it's empty it should alert me, right?
Maybe it is not empty, only partially disconnected from the pump (there is a low washer fluid level warning indicator). You can open a Service Request in the Tesla App and wait for ??? long for Mobile Service or you can probably fix it yourself in 5 minutes.

Definitely double-check if the fluid is leaking out the bottom of the car. If so, your washer fluid hose may have come loose. Happened to mine a few days after delivery, but was easily fixed by pulling up the cowl cover under the hood and reconnecting the hose to the hose barb.