TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Windshield Squirter

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Ant M3, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Ant M3

Ant M3 Member

Hi all
    How does everyone else’s window squirter perform?
    When I press and hold the stalk button down water does come out, but not much and only for a very very short time. Anyone else have this issue ?

2. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

Because it is directed very specifically via the wiper I find it effective even though using relatively little water ... wiper fluid refills are infrequent!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

yeah, it's sprays it on the leading edge of the blades, rather than in the air, so less is used.

I find it effective in cleaning the dirt off.

• Like x 1
  4. Ant M3

Ant M3 Member

I must admit I’m still finding it a bit odd ... also, when windshield is particularly dirty - not very effective

• Like x 1
  5. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

Occasionally people have reported that a tube has come adrift. Might be worth a poke around ...

• Like x 1
  6. Ant M3

Ant M3 Member

I did have a look with my torch but will look properly at the weekend in the day light

7. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

It only squirts when wipers are pretty much fully on passenger side. So by time they get to drivers side, its basically left overs.

8. drewpost

drewpost Member

I find that I don’t get enough fluid on the lower right side (inside looking out). It’s always smearing.

• Like x 1
  9. Alan J

Alan J Member

Feels to me like only the Driver's side really works should both Wipers squirt ?

10. AndyWrightUK

AndyWrightUK Member

Mine's the opposite - only the passenger side seems to work and the driver's side is dry.

• Like x 2
  11. dctek

dctek Member

The pipes will have come off the Y connector, its a really common problem, I've even fixed it for another Model 3 at a SuC,
    Pull up the plastic cover in the Frunk, it just pops off, then look for the Y connector and I bet it looks like this (at either end)

"Disappearing" Windshield Wiper Fluid [Update: passenger side wiper hose was not connected]

I wasted a bottle of screenwash thinking that the washers were just crap, but it was just emptying out via the hose, now it works great.

[​IMG]

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  12. AndyWrightUK

AndyWrightUK Member

I should have mentioned that I did look at the Y Connector - all was ok. The car's in Leeds SC at the moment and it's on the list of things for them to look at.