Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield streaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else get this? Going to try wiping down and cleaning the wipers. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• 4D705EEF-033A-4120-9618-C7FDF9500531.jpeg
    4D705EEF-033A-4120-9618-C7FDF9500531.jpeg
    621.3 KB · Views: 613
20200831_183252.jpg
Bosch icon wipers (with a small mod to make them fit), and polished the windshield with cerium oxide. I know a new owner shouldn't have to do something like this. I tried a clay bar, goof off, and acetone first. A quick polish is what worked for me.

I suspect most detail shops could do this. It only takes a few minutes if you have the right tools.

Last edited:
FYI I wiped off / cleaned the blades with some glass cleaner and microfiber towel. You wouldn't believe how much black came off onto the towel. I didn't get it all off yet, but it reduced the streaks significantly. Going to try cleaning with some rubbing alcohol.

FYI I wiped off / cleaned the blades with some glass cleaner and microfiber towel. You wouldn't believe how much black came off onto the towel. I didn't get it all off yet, but it reduced the streaks significantly. Going to try cleaning with some rubbing alcohol.

I had the same experience. Lots of oxidation coming off the brand new wiper blades. Surprised to see how much black came off for a car that's only been outside for two months.

My wipers also had a lots of oxidation. They chattered very badly and left the haze the OP showed. After cleaning them, they sometimes made a high pitch squeak and still left the haze. The Bosch Icon wipers were smooth, but still left the haze. The haze would be a big problem when driving at night in the rain with opposing traffic.

I had similar difficulties and resolved it by doing the following:

1) Changed wipers to Bosch Aerotwin A102S (direct fit for model 3). These are amazing!
2) Polish windshield with Carpro CeriGlass (this has cerium oxide in the formula). Amazing clarity! CeriGlass |
3) Add protection once polished using Carpro Flyby Forte: FlyBy FORTE |

You will need a good DA or rotary polisher for best results.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
I had similar difficulties and resolved it by doing the following:

1) Changed wipers to Bosch Aerotwin A102S (direct fit for model 3). These are amazing!
2) Polish windshield with Carpro CeriGlass (this has cerium oxide in the formula). Amazing clarity! CeriGlass |
3) Add protection once polished using Carpro Flyby Forte: FlyBy FORTE |

You will need a good DA or rotary polisher for best results.

As someone who has never touched a polisher and also a car detailing newb, is this something i could do? and how much would all that cost?

As someone who has never touched a polisher and also a car detailing newb, is this something i could do? and how much would all that cost?

It's not that difficult, but you should always do a little research prior to trying. Most importantly is to not heat the glass in one spot too much or it can warp. So you need to keep moving the polisher and not use too much pressure. In my case I've also found many very fine hairline scratches in the glass and Ceriglass is great to remove these. I even had a professional detailer tell me it wasn't worth it and I should replace the glass instead. I am a bit stubborn and did some research and decided to give it a try. My glass is now perfect without scratches, etc. "If you want something done right do it yourself"