Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield sun shade same as model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my Model 3 Covercraft, and it fits perfectly in the MY. I've always used the roll-up weathertech ones, so this rigid one was new to me.

It's actually kind of difficult to fit, because it's so long. My poor passenger is always smacked in the face when I try to get it to open up. So it takes some skill to not smack everybody trying to get it to open up.

I'm not convinced it's any better than the weathertech one, but I have it, so I'll just stick to it. I only use it when the sun's just blaring hot and I'll be leaving the car in the sun for awhile (which is pretty rare).

@tracykarin the material is very soft, it won't scuff anything

• Love
Reactions: tracykarin
I received my Model 3 Covercraft, and it fits perfectly in the MY. I've always used the roll-up weathertech ones, so this rigid one was new to me.

It's actually kind of difficult to fit, because it's so long. My poor passenger is always smacked in the face when I try to get it to open up. So it takes some skill to not smack everybody trying to get it to open up.

I'm not convinced it's any better than the weathertech one, but I have it, so I'll just stick to it. I only use it when the sun's just blaring hot and I'll be leaving the car in the sun for awhile (which is pretty rare).

Received mine recently as well, same experience as you.

Reactions: noshadow
Yeah, if I had to redo it, I might go back to the weathertech roll-up. The softer material makes it easier to squeeze into place. The nice thing about the cover craft is, it sits really flush. Not a huge deal, but it does feel oddly satisfying.

I had the same question about it but since I didn't see a 100% Yes I took a shoot and bought YelloPro from Amazon and it fits perfectly.

Thank you, we don't have our car yet but we've been using the HeatShield brand shades for several years now in several different cars. Made in the US here is a link if anyone wants to check them out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BVX82NJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ASY9BTHRYK39J&psc=1

We've only ever bought the silver but the gold might look nice in the windshield of a blue TMY. hmm

I got back from my work trip and to be honest it was flush flush as it was before I left (I guess a lot of heat made it softer), but it was better than the one I bought before that just fell down after just 10 min.

Attachments

• 20200809_160313.jpg
    20200809_160313.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 524
Reactions: Alex Philips

Thank you for your response - very much appreciated! :)

Reactions: noshadow
I am looking for a windshield sunshade for my 2020 M3P. So far, they all seem to extend UNDER the black plastic cover ahead of the rear view mirror. That seems to form a solar oven that will bake all of the expensive Tesla sensors like 3 cameras, rain sensor. Etc. Do any of these shades have a cut out to fit the edges of that sensor cover? Or has anyone made their own cutout? That probably won't work with shades having a wire frame. But could that be done to a Weatertech rollup or any other shade?

I am looking for a windshield sunshade for my 2020 M3P. So far, they all seem to extend UNDER the black plastic cover ahead of the rear view mirror. That seems to form a solar oven that will bake all of the expensive Tesla sensors like 3 cameras, rain sensor. Etc. Do any of these shades have a cut out to fit the edges of that sensor cover? Or has anyone made their own cutout? That probably won't work with shades having a wire frame. But could that be done to a Weatertech rollup or any other shade?
I purchased a Covercraft UVS100 Custom Silver Sunscreen for my 2020 Model Y Performance and it fits perfectly requiring no suction cups or flimsy screen that sags. It folds up flat and you can purchase the optional storage bag which I did. https://www.covercraft.com/us/en

1624137754131.png

Reactions: TonyJag
After having both a Covercraft and a Heatshield, while I love the perfect fit, I hate that they’re huge and unwieldy. The HeatShield in particular can be difficult to roll up if you don’t get it tight enough at the start, and both take up a good bit of room in the car to store it.

If you’re willing to tolerate a less perfect fit, I really like this, which I’ve used in my S and Y and a friend’s 3. It has great coverage on the 3/Y, but a touch small for the S.

EcoNour Tesla Windshield Sunshade for Model 3/S/X/Y with Pouch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RJSWRDV/
It provides 95% coverage and easily packs up into a little 10” circle.

After having both a Covercraft and a Heatshield, while I love the perfect fit, I hate that they’re huge and unwieldy. The HeatShield in particular can be difficult to roll up if you don’t get it tight enough at the start, and both take up a good bit of room in the car to store it.

If you’re willing to tolerate a less perfect fit, I really like this, which I’ve used in my S and Y and a friend’s 3. It has great coverage on the 3/Y, but a touch small for the S.

EcoNour Tesla Windshield Sunshade for Model 3/S/X/Y with Pouch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RJSWRDV/
It provides 95% coverage and easily packs up into a little 10” circle.
thats the one I have. I fold it and stick it under the front seat