Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Sunshade Suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use the Covercraft UVS100 and recommend it because it fits perfectly and does the job.

Sorry to slightly necro rez this thread, but this is the exact brand I prefer, and have for my model 3, but when I go to covercrafts website I dont see one for model Y. Where did you buy this windshield shade for a model Y?

Reactions: Cyberspeed
Sorry to slightly necro rez this thread, but this is the exact brand I prefer, and have for my model 3, but when I go to covercrafts website I dont see one for model Y. Where did you buy this windshield shade for a model Y?
I got it from AutoAnything - it took a while to arrive, but well worth it (just like the vehicle itself). It’s a bit cheaper than getting it custom from Covercraft direct.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
I got it from AutoAnything - it took a while to arrive, but well worth it (just like the vehicle itself). It’s a bit cheaper than getting it custom from Covercraft direct.

Thanks for the link and info. When I change the year to 2022, it doesnt show as being compatible. I have no idea if the shape of the windshield has changed at all between the two model years. I guess I need to call covercraft.

Thanks for the link and info. When I change the year to 2022, it doesnt show as being compatible. I have no idea if the shape of the windshield has changed at all between the two model years. I guess I need to call covercraft.
I wouldn’t imagine that the windshield is any different between the two, but probably a good call to confirm. Wonder if the heated wiper feature would've caused any change in sizing maybe.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I wouldn’t imagine that the windshield is any different between the two, but probably a good call to confirm. Wonder if the heated wiper feature would've caused any change in sizing maybe.

Perhaps. My wifes car does have the icon for it. Thank you again for taking the time to respond, and especially for the link. Very much appreciated.

I bought the Temai one for my 2021 car and it fits the 2022 (with heated wiper park) exactly the same. I'm happy with it