Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Tint 70% / 90% to Combat Florida Sun

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Team Tesla Florida!

Has anyone got ceramic tint on their winshield? I’m curious about feedback.

I understand 90% is “virtually” clear while 70% is a little less clear.

Any negative impacts to speak of?

Thanks!
~Lou

Hello Team Tesla Florida!

Has anyone got ceramic tint on their winshield? I’m curious about feedback.

I understand 90% is “virtually” clear while 70% is a little less clear.

Any negative impacts to speak of?

Thanks!
~Lou
Hi Lou,

It is legal to tint a narrow strip at the top of a windshield. Technically it is illegal to completely tint a windshield. That being said, it is unlikely that a 90% or even a 70% tint would be noticed by authorities particularly if you used the same level of tint on all the windows.

Larry

Thanks Larry and bugout...

Bugout, how long have you had your windshield tinted? Has anyone ever suggested something like “Gee, your windshield looks a bit dark... is it tinted?”

Thanks again!
~Lou

PS I’m looking forward to getting my windows tinted next week! I’ve already gotten a mild sunburn...

Thanks Larry and bugout...

Bugout, how long have you had your windshield tinted? Has anyone ever suggested something like “Gee, your windshield looks a bit dark... is it tinted?”

Thanks again!
~Lou

PS I’m looking forward to getting my windows tinted next week! I’ve already gotten a mild sunburn...

Hi Lou,

Nobody has said anything. It's barely noticeable visually and I don't feel like I'm catching on fire anymore.

I encourage the OP to consider Photosync 75 or similar for the windshield after confirming that the installer has done many without issue. Such was my experience with both Ses so far; the glare reduction is particularly notable along with the heat rejection. The tint is essentially invisible.

Consider a $9 collapsible sunscreen from Costco along with tinting both pano panels as well (as dark as possible).

Last edited: