Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield tint expectations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, finally got the windshield done. Pics don’t do it justice but I’m not sure the site did their best work. I have several very small bubbles, mostly on the passenger side. I estimate there are about six visible bubbles. Small enough to see but not significant enough to tell in photos.
I‘ve read that Teslas are hard to tint based on curvature but….should it be perfect? I don’t mind being “that guy” and complaining and asking for a redo.
Side note…I wimped out and did 80% and immediately regretted…wishing I had done 70. If they agree to redo I may see if they will change to 70.
Tint: XPel XR nano 80 (ceramic, blue).

Redo, or accept?

• Informative
Reactions: Massive Attack
Ok, finally got the windshield done. Pics don’t do it justice but I’m not sure the site did their best work. I have several very small bubbles, mostly on the passenger side. I estimate there are about six visible bubbles. Small enough to see but not significant enough to tell in photos.
I‘ve read that Teslas are hard to tint based on curvature but….should it be perfect? I don’t mind being “that guy” and complaining and asking for a redo.
Side note…I wimped out and did 80% and immediately regretted…wishing I had done 70. If they agree to redo I may see if they will change to 70.
Tint: XPel XR nano 80 (ceramic, blue).

Redo, or accept?

How long ago did you get it done? If "just got it done" was less than a week ago, wait a bit and see if they disappear over the next 5-6 days. I am going to guess that you just got it done and took it home today (the same day you are posting this).

Its perfectly normal for there to be a few small bubbles that dissipate over a few days time. This is the same thing the shop is going to tell you, if you go back down there before about a week has passed.

Reactions: TBrownTX and Kimmi
How long ago did you get it done? If "just got it done" was less than a week ago, wait a bit and see if they disappear over the next 5-6 days. I am going to guess that you just got it done and took it home today (the same day you are posting this).

Its perfectly normal for there to be a few small bubbles that dissipate over a few days time. This is the same thing the shop is going to tell you, if you go back down there before about a week has passed.
Gotcha. Had it done two days ago but it’s been in the garage and hasn’t “baked” yet. I’ll take your advice and let it sit idle for a full week.
Wondering if others have had the same success over time?

Gotcha. Had it done two days ago but it’s been in the garage and hasn’t “baked” yet. I’ll take your advice and let it sit idle for a full week.
Wondering if others have had the same success over time?

I have had tinted windows on every car I have had for the last 30 years, and yes, I have. You can also park outside in the sun to speed up the drying process, if that bothers you.