Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey I was wonder if y’all can share how much you paid for front windshield tint, I just got a quote and was wondering if this is reasonable or if I was being over charged.

We offer regular carbon film, carbon XP (74% infrared rejection), and carbon ceramic (85% infrared rejection). Those are listed in order of price and IR rejection effectivenes.

I've got you a quote for your tint. We'll be at $175 for Carbon XP and $225 for Ceramic. Which would you prefer?”

As someone who has tinted the windshield on every car he's owned going on a couple of decades now... I wouldn't bother on a Tesla. The windshields have a metallic UV block built into them already which works fantastically. This is why radar detectors & toll passes work so poorly through them which is the negative side. The other negative is that if you ever have to have one replaced they're spendy. To me though, I'm used to replacing a windshield PLUS the cost of having it tinted again so it's just about a wash for me if I ever have to replace a Model S windshield out-of-pocket. I also never got harassed by police about it but it's one less thing on my list to worry about now even though that's a small deciding factor to me.

I have a different opinion. We've tinted the windshields of all three of our Teslas and have been very happy with it. Here in north Texas the reduction in cabin heat and glare is noticeable and quite welcome. The only caveat is that we need to be careful not to scratch the tinting when cleaning the inside of the windows. We use a microfiber cloth instead of paper towels to help prevent scratching. Our price was within the two values you mentioned, OP, for ceramic tint.

Thank you! Yeah here in Arizona it gets brutal in the summer temps have reached 118F+ in phx and the glare is crazy, and when I drive I definitely feel the heat coming in from the windshield.

I drive around 200+ miles a day and when there’s traffic it’s Game Over unless my AC is blasting. I wouldn’t mind having to replace the windshield if anything happens to it my insurance covers the windshield replacement and I get 200 dollars back if it happens which would cover the cost of tint.

I’d just like to get rid of the glare and the heat transfer, luckily my car came with tint all around but the front windshield.

tinted our model s and its wonderful. it really stops heat from coming thru-i think it was 70-80%. Didnt need to do the pano roof though. Cost was totaled with all windows and rear window(30 all the way around).

Thank you! Yeah here in Arizona it gets brutal in the summer temps have reached 118F+ in phx and the glare is crazy, and when I drive I definitely feel the heat coming in from the windshield.

I drive around 200+ miles a day and when there’s traffic it’s Game Over unless my AC is blasting. I wouldn’t mind having to replace the windshield if anything happens to it my insurance covers the windshield replacement and I get 200 dollars back if it happens which would cover the cost of tint.

I’d just like to get rid of the glare and the heat transfer, luckily my car came with tint all around but the front windshield.

What part of arizona are you in? I do window tints, paint protection films, vinyl wraps and ceramic coatings. We are located in Tempe. If you're still interested in getting the tint or anything else done shoot me a message or text me 7193607391

Did my windshield with Prestige PhotoSync 75 about 5 years ago and have been super happy. It's not cheap, I think about $300 for the labor and materials, but it makes a massive difference in how much heat comes through the windshield. The A/C can keep up now at much lower speed (quieter) and doesn't have to run full blast for 10 minutes when I get into the car.

Probably also reduces damage/fading to the dashboard.

When I got my car, exactly one week ago today, the first thing I noticed was the amount of heat coming thru the front windshield. Not sure why, I thought it had heat reflecting properties build in.

Anyways, none of my windows are tinted, I personally do not like tint. But I am shopping around also, and got a quote for Llumar AIR80, clear ceramic film that is legal to apply to the entire front windshield. Shop said it blocks over 99% of UV rays, and costs $179 installed.

I also got a quote from another shop for Suntek CXP 80, for only $100 installed, but I read some bad reviews about hazing and slight distortion in viewing. Mostly good reviews....but I'm hesitant and don't want to chance it.

What other brand/options are there?

when i wash my car with the front windshield tint or get it wet it looks yellow/orange reflective: kinda cool(only when wet. I thought about when/if driving thru photo radar if i turn on my washer fluid if a camera would even get a pic of the driver when the windscreen is wet?