Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i'm thinking about llumar Air Blue 80 on my windshield, has anybody done this on their model x?

can anybody report heat reduction? my range drops from my A/C working overtime due to the heat pouring in from the front at the moment. i have 15% on my side windows, but am thinking about re-ding the entire car so i can reduce heat everywhere...

I did Xpel Prime XR 60 on the windshield and 20 on the sides.. The heat rejection is amazing. I no longer need to blast the AC on 11 at 3pm. 2-3 keeps the cabin comfortable now in Florida.

I'm getting the same treatment to the main windshield and the front driver and passenger windows as well. Did you do any of the other windows? I'm trying to determine if it's silly of me to not just do them all. I'm 6'6 and when sitting in the X with high sun in Texas (Dallas) I feel the heat radiating off the windshield on top of my head. When I lower my head a few inches it feels completely different.

I'm getting the same treatment to the main windshield and the front driver and passenger windows as well. Did you do any of the other windows? I'm trying to determine if it's silly of me to not just do them all. I'm 6'6 and when sitting in the X with high sun in Texas (Dallas) I feel the heat radiating off the windshield on top of my head. When I lower my head a few inches it feels completely different.
same height here & we found that even after applying photosync to the big windshield my noggin would stil be a little warmer than preferred - so we still use the sunscreen that came with the X.

Reactions: GEAUXHOOKEM
seems you didn't tint the front windows though, based on the small triangle on the lower right of your picture. why not?

I definitely did, you can see the tint line. They are basically clear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 315962DA-6F25-4A4A-BCA7-BA75578AB5B8.jpeg
    315962DA-6F25-4A4A-BCA7-BA75578AB5B8.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: onlinespending