TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Windshield tinting (for heat rejection) in GTA/Oakville area

Discussion in 'Canada' started by dj905, May 19, 2013.

1. dj905

dj905 Member

I just had 3M Crystalline 40 tint installed all around, except for the windshield - primarily for heat rejection, but it looks fantastic too! I am looking at getting 3M Crystalline 90 done on the front windshield, which gives significant heat rejection, but is almost completely clear. The installer (Protech film solutions and Tiffany's tint in Oakville) also did the paint armour for me, and they do excellent work (far superior to the factory paint armour).

Is anyone else in the area interested in doing 3M CR 90 on their windshield. Tiffany is willing to buy a roll of this film and needs a few more people to express interest before she goes forward with it.

Let me know through this thread or via PM if you need more information, or are interested.

David

2. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

If it's not too much bother, do you mind posting pictures of your S? I'm considering tinting my S, it feels like an oven right now and it's only May...

Also how much did it cost to have your car tinted? (PM if you prefer...)

3. dj905

dj905 Member

Here are some pics of my newly tinted windows (3M Crystalline 40). Depending on the angle, the tinting seems to change colour, but in certain light, there is a blue/purple tone that goes very nicely with my car. The front windshield is going to be 3M CR 90, which should be almost invisible. As you can see in the second picture, this level of tint still allows people to see into the car, but it does a nice job of keeping the car cooler. Specs can be found at the following link:

3M United States: Scotchgard Automotive Protection: Auto Dealerships: Products: Window Film: 3M Crystalline Window Films

David

Attached Files:

4. dj905

dj905 Member

I just put the CR40 in the Chevy Volt today, and put CR90 on the windshield. It looks good. Tiffany has just received a new shipment of the CR90 for the front windshield if you are interested. You can find them online by searching for Tiffany's Tint in Oakville.

David