TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Windshield Warped?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by AZ Desert Driver, Aug 15, 2016.

1. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Genesis - The Beginning - MS60D in its nest

I test drove a MS in Scottsdale, and the bottom 1/2 inch of the windshield had a warp/distortion. Later I rode in a friends MS and it too had a warp. Nothing much is obscured by this, but would you call this a flaw that needs a fix, or just one-of-those things? ( so it is a two for two but that is a small data set. Do others have such a warp? Does it Matter?)

2. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

3. wildtigg3r

wildtigg3r Member

It's normal. Majority of the cars have it. It has to do with how the windshield is made and curvature of the windshield that causes the distortion.

4. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Been there since the beginning! Nothing new in this.

5. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Genesis - The Beginning - MS60D in its nest

Thanks for the links to Windshield Distortion. It was a new observation to me, but obviously not to the community. You guys COULD have beaten me up, but instead you graciously guided me into the answers I needed. Thanks.