Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Washer fluid hose disconnected.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same problem and I'm really struggling to see the Y splitter. I have a U.K. Right hand drive 2019 Model 3. Is it obvious once you get the rear cover off?
I did not have to remove the cover, I simply put my hands under the cover and could feel a pipe lose. I then just pushed it on to where I could feel it should be. There is not a lot of play in the pipe so it was pretty obvious where it had to go. Its not come off since.

• Helpful
Reactions: jcanoe
Just had windshield replaced and notice the fluid motor would run but no fluid. I'm in Minnesota in winter right now with lots of salt on the roads so this is a serious hazard on the freeway. No joke. I reconnected the hose to the Y splitter, but I noticed the splitter itself was not secured like I saw it should be in a YT video. I recently put the wipers in service mode, and obviously the techs that replaced the windshield did that at least too. My running theory is that the wiper service mode might be what disconnects the hose and or Y splitter. Old post but just putting this out there for posterity.

Just had windshield replaced and notice the fluid motor would run but no fluid. I'm in Minnesota in winter right now with lots of salt on the roads so this is a serious hazard on the freeway. No joke. I reconnected the hose to the Y splitter, but I noticed the splitter itself was not secured like I saw it should be in a YT video. I recently put the wipers in service mode, and obviously the techs that replaced the windshield did that at least too. My running theory is that the wiper service mode might be what disconnects the hose and or Y splitter. Old post but just putting this out there for posterity.
I use the Wiper Service mode frequently. Wiper Service Mode makes cleaning the wiper blades easier as you can move the wiper arms by hand, i.e. to reach and clean the driver's side blade edge. The wiper arms move in tandem when you are in Wiper Service Mode and move one wiper arm. The wiper arms automatically index to the resting position when you exit Wiper Service mode. Never had an issue with the washer fluid hose disconnecting from the pump/reservoir. It is a common issue, easy do-it-yourself repair once you remove the front trunk shroud cover. Secure the washer fluid hose with a small plastic cable tie.