Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Washer fluid hose disconnected.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Info for those experiencing what appears to be a fairly common issue..

2022 MYP, 3 weeks old (at time of post).

Problem: When pressing the left stalk to initiate Windshield Washer, the motor runs but no liquid actually makes it to the windshield.

Service insisted (via message) on pushing back scheduled mobile appointment whilst they "ordered replacement part". There was no leakage until I initiated the spray and then there would be a pool of liquid beneath the drivers side on the floor under the frunk. Obviously this is not a leaking tank issue as the floor is dry until I summon the spray and then its soaked.

Solution: I removed the plastic cover under the hood by the washer filler and saw that a hose had indeed become disconnected at the junction with the wipers motors.
Reconnected hose to union using a pair of needle nose and it's working fine now.

I'm posting this as I've seen some posts on FB with similar issues.

Same thing happen with my MY. This seems to be a very common problem. The hose came off the barbed fitting. It went back on too easy. These is a design problem. I backed up the barbed fitting by installing a small zip tie on the hose behind the barb. There should be TSB for this issue.

Reactions: samsimg
Same thing happen with my MY. This seems to be a very common problem. The hose came off the barbed fitting. It went back on too easy. These is a design problem. I backed up the barbed fitting by installing a small zip tie on the hose behind the barb. There should be TSB for this issue.
I did the exact same thing securing the hoses with zip ties after on popped off the Y-splitter.

Just stopping by to see if others have the same issue. I guess that's a big yes. 2.5 months old and wiper fluid no longer sprays. I hear the motor but see no water. I added it to my Service work due this week to replace the rear spoiler.

Info for those experiencing what appears to be a fairly common issue..

2022 MYP, 3 weeks old (at time of post).

Problem: When pressing the left stalk to initiate Windshield Washer, the motor runs but no liquid actually makes it to the windshield.

Service insisted (via message) on pushing back scheduled mobile appointment whilst they "ordered replacement part". There was no leakage until I initiated the spray and then there would be a pool of liquid beneath the drivers side on the floor under the frunk. Obviously this is not a leaking tank issue as the floor is dry until I summon the spray and then its soaked.

Solution: I removed the plastic cover under the hood by the washer filler and saw that a hose had indeed become disconnected at the junction with the wipers motors.
Reconnected hose to union using a pair of needle nose and it's working fine now.

I'm posting this as I've seen some posts on FB with similar issues.
so is this what you would consider an easy fix? for a 65 year old techie grandma? :) I'm happy to give it go because I have to drive 2 hours away to get service

so is this what you would consider an easy fix? for a 65 year old techie grandma? :) I'm happy to give it go because I have to drive 2 hours away to get service
To access the washer fluid hose connector you have to first remove the plastic cover that is under the frunk hood, close to the windshield. That may require a little coaxing to carefully release each of the plastic clips (be careful as the clips can break) that hold the cover in place. Start at one end and carefully pull up on the cover releasing the clips. Once the cover is off you can see on the passenger side next to the coolant overflow tank where the washer fluid hose connects to the washer fluid pump. Some use a small zip tie to secure the washer fluid hose so it does not come loose again. To reinstall the cover align the clips with the holes and press into place. (Don't forget about the clips located in the middle of the cover.)

Last edited:
They must've fixed it. I just checked the MYLR I picked up a little over a week ago. The hoses are very securely attached to the Y splitter. I gave them all a firm tug and they didn't move at all. It'd take some coaxing to get them loose without breaking something.