Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield washer fluid running over side window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if you can put weatherstripping, not specifically the one pictured, to create a channel to block the fluid from running across the A-pillar and onto side window; without adding wind buffeting noise. Even if it's just seasonal, since we tend to use more washer fluid in Winter months.
51NjvTl1-KS._AC_SL1001_.jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

Let me be the first to say that I'm not above the famous "home depot" mods for my car lol.

Anyways, I'm stuck at home with too much time on my hands and wonder if drip line (irrigation hose) would work haha. I'm tempted to go out and try it.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
I think you guys are onto something. How about just cleaning that area *really good*, like with rubbing alcohol... then running a fat bead of hot glue?

Hot glue usually peals off really easily. I'm thinking the right shaped bead would divert the Smurf puke but also be invisible.

I wouldn't use one of those super hot glue guns... the glue would need to be melted but cool enough for a tallish bead.

We're under snow attack right now, but when it calms down and I can get the car clean enough I might give this a shot. I'll post photos if I do.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: BigNick and KenC
I have this issue too. For me the issue in the past was that the sun baked in those streaks. Kinda helped a bit to use distilled water.

The only real solution is to stop using wipers - something like rainX. Above 50km/h you dont need to use your wipers and hopefully muddy water etc will just run off.

I ordered and installed these rain guard deflectors made for model 3:

1664738484672.png

They made the problem MUCH WORSE... even a quick windshield washer wipe results in total blockage of the driver window:

1664738600626.png

The rain guards deflect the water right into the window, the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do.
I'm going to contact the seller and ask whether they even bothered testing these on a Tesla.

• Funny

Attachments

• 20221127170448.png
    20221127170448.png
    415.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 127708175314d4a22e9dc2963cb6886.jpg
    127708175314d4a22e9dc2963cb6886.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 92
  • d36e296a2cd4de03a59b7d03d6af655.jpg
    d36e296a2cd4de03a59b7d03d6af655.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 90
  • ea5380f4974a6a9ade7bbd4469c730f.jpg
    ea5380f4974a6a9ade7bbd4469c730f.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Informative
There is an easier solution, only drive when dark then you won't see the streaks😁. For my serious suggestion I try and just give it a little squirm to try and limit it. On the subject of framelwss windows, is than an aerodynamic choice too, as normally its onky on cars that have a convertible/coupe versions.

I would really like something attached to the side of windshield to prevent the fluid from making the driver side window dirty, as it makes it harder to see the side mirror.
I did a check in my garage and 100% of the cars (apart from Teslas) have these gutters to prevent this : )

• Funny
I would really like something attached to the side of windshield to prevent the fluid from making the driver side window dirty, as it makes it harder to see the side mirror.
I did a check in my garage and 100% of the cars (apart from Teslas) have these gutters to prevent this : )
Having the same issue and wondering if anyone has figured out a genius solution to this 😊