Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield washer fluid running over side window

Gasaraki

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
...and just about every car on the road. It is just physics: the water wiped must go somewhere. This is one advantage sequential wipers have is the volume is reduce by almost ½ since it is distributed between the driver's and passenger's sides and with pivot wipers you tend to get the passenger's volume added to the driver's.

What is this P H Y S I C S thing yall talkin bout?

BayAreaCelt

Oct 15, 2019
Bay Area
Also find this. Blue or whatever streaks on the left side of the car. Attracts smudges and dust always. Never had that on the myriad other vehicles I have. Only an issue until highway speeds then its just an unsightly dust attracting smear over the roof. Other vehicles it appears to channel down the windscreens effectively.

Reactions: BZM3

BZM3

Aug 15, 2019
Somewhere
I have this issue as well, seems to have gotten worse in the two years I've owned the car. That might just be in my head though.

Some people above seem to be making a joke of the situation so I guess it's not that bad for them. Using wiper fluid above 20 miles an hour for me has essentially become entirely impossible without spreading the entire windshields worth of fluid deposits on the drivers window.

Sometimes I get lucky and the wind fully cleans it off dry, but most of the time I am left with residue marks from the dried up fluid and dirt from the windshield.

Not pleasant and have never experienced this once in the dozens of car's I've previously owned/leased, so no this is not normal and not akin to the sarcastic metaphors people are using above.

Unfortunately seems to be a design flaw that they hopefully pick up in their eventual redesigns....

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC