TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Windshield washer fluid sprayers???

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by johnmodels, May 4, 2013.

1. johnmodels

johnmodels Member

My washer fluid sprayers are in poor position and do a minimal job in cleaning the windshield. How is everyone else's? I hate to call TM if I have issues that everyone else has and cannot be fixed. It is a waste of both of our times. For the most part the fluid hits the bottom half of the windshield and the wipers do the rest. Takes about 20 swipes to get then mostly clean. I appreciate the input.

John

2. raptorweb

raptorweb Member

I had a ranger out for other service and mentioned it to him he was able to adjust them without to much issue. They are a little high now but a lot more useful than the low they started at.

3. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

On previous cars I was able to reposition them (like a ball joint) by locating the nozzle and inserting a pin or other small tool and then change the angle. I would wager it's the same with the S?

4. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

Correct.

I usually unbend a safety pin...

5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

John, mine have been low too since day one. I know others have adjusted the angle of the nozzles on their own but, I'd rather defer that to a service center visit; I've had no other "showstopper" issues that merit a visit so, I've put it off.

When I badly need a cleaning, I operate the spray only when driving at 50+ mph! That way, enough of the liquid travels up the windshield that I get the cleaning job done :)

6. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Mine were aimed much too low as delivered (I've got VIN 00118); my service center adjusted the aim 'as high as possible without hitting the underside of the hood' and it's better, but still too low.

7. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

I recently adjusted mine by using a needle. The nozzle's are recessed a bit, so I used a surgical needle holder to grab it, small needle nose pliers might also work. Just stick the needle in the nozzle and adjust. A very slight bit of motion only is needed. My first effort had washer fluid shooting up over the roof. Took a few tries to get it right but they work fine now.

8. johnmodels

johnmodels Member

Thanks for all the great advice! It's kinda embarrassing to say but we are not really good sewers in our house so I will have to borrow a needle from the neighbors and I'm sure I'll get some crap for that.....I'll just buy one. SAD!