Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield washer fluid sprayers???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My washer fluid sprayers are in poor position and do a minimal job in cleaning the windshield. How is everyone else's? I hate to call TM if I have issues that everyone else has and cannot be fixed. It is a waste of both of our times. For the most part the fluid hits the bottom half of the windshield and the wipers do the rest. Takes about 20 swipes to get then mostly clean. I appreciate the input.

John

On previous cars I was able to reposition them (like a ball joint) by locating the nozzle and inserting a pin or other small tool and then change the angle. I would wager it's the same with the S?

John, mine have been low too since day one. I know others have adjusted the angle of the nozzles on their own but, I'd rather defer that to a service center visit; I've had no other "showstopper" issues that merit a visit so, I've put it off.

When I badly need a cleaning, I operate the spray only when driving at 50+ mph! That way, enough of the liquid travels up the windshield that I get the cleaning job done :)

Mine were aimed much too low as delivered (I've got VIN 00118); my service center adjusted the aim 'as high as possible without hitting the underside of the hood' and it's better, but still too low.

I recently adjusted mine by using a needle. The nozzle's are recessed a bit, so I used a surgical needle holder to grab it, small needle nose pliers might also work. Just stick the needle in the nozzle and adjust. A very slight bit of motion only is needed. My first effort had washer fluid shooting up over the roof. Took a few tries to get it right but they work fine now.

Thanks for all the great advice! It's kinda embarrassing to say but we are not really good sewers in our house so I will have to borrow a needle from the neighbors and I'm sure I'll get some crap for that.....I'll just buy one. SAD!