Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Washer Fluid Voume?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I've done some searching, and looked through the newest version of the Owner's Manual. I cannot seem to find the volume that the windshield washer fluid reservoir holds. I recently filled mine up with an entire GALLON. Never did that before on my old school Ford Taurus. Anyone have any idea? The manual only says to fill it up until you can see the fluid within the filling location. An entire gallon didn't accomplish that!

Haven't seen any specs for the Tesla, but I'm glad to hear it takes a gallon+. I had a 15-year old Mercedes that held over a gallon. It was always nice that I didn't have to deal with a gallon jug of washer fluid with 4 ounces left that wouldn't fit. I was hoping the Tesla was the same.

The manual of my 2021 Tesla Y says 4.5 gallon capacity but it only took a half gallon which is less than 2 liters.
So Tesla=4.5 liters vs actual = about 2 liters. Was not getting any fluid coming out before I added fluid the first time, so I figure it was almost empty. After filling to the top with about 2 liters it worked somewhat. Not sure if it is coming out on passenger side of front window.

The manual of my 2021 Tesla Y says 4.5 liter capacity but it only took a half gallon which is less than 2 liters.
So Tesla=4.5 liters vs actual = about 2 liters. Was not getting any fluid coming out before I added fluid the first time, so I figure it was almost empty. After filling to the top with about 2 liters it worked somewhat. Not sure if it is coming out on passenger side of front window.