Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Washer Fluid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking my first Road Trip in my 10 day old Model Y. Windshield was dirty. Tried to wash it and nothing came out. Leave to Tesla and their shitty dealer prep To not fill up the reservoir. I didn’t get the USB-C ports up front or Wireless chargers and had to discover that on my own while inspecting. I did find lots of tape left behind all around the vehicle. Why must they suck at the “easy stuff”. Any recommendations for washer fluid? Does it matter? Not worth telling Tesla about. It’s just the principal of their poor service.

Are you sure that the issue is there is nothing in the reservoir (you verified it was empty yourself) vs clogged nozzles or disconnected hose from the reservoir to the wipers?

I wont use wiper fluid with any of those "bug" or rainx type additives, myself, but I think anything you normally use as windshield wiper fluid in your other vehicles will be fine.

Are you sure that the issue is there is nothing in the reservoir (you verified it was empty yourself) vs clogged nozzles or disconnected hose from the reservoir to the wipers?

I wont use wiper fluid with any of those "bug" or rainx type additives, myself, but I think anything you normally use as windshield wiper fluid in your other vehicles will be fine.
Upon closer examination it dies appear to be something not connected properly. I don’t know how to fix it without breaking it. It just drips out from the base of the wiper and pours onto the ground. I put in a mobile service appointment. Let Tesla deal with it since the car is only 10 days old. Still annoying.