Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Washer Stream

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ressurecting is old thread. I’m having this issue as well. June 2017 MS75D with subzero. The passenger side sprays fine but the drivers side hits the wiper which then sweeps up. Only after it starts to sweep does any spray land on the windshield. Which is useless because the wiper just wipes it down on its return swipe. The result is the drivers side in front of my eyes doesn’t clean. It’s quite dangerous frankly.

Any other suggestions on this issue? It doesn’t seem like this is a very common issue based on the age of this thread.

Ressurecting is old thread. I’m having this issue as well. June 2017 MS75D with subzero. The passenger side sprays fine but the drivers side hits the wiper which then sweeps up. Only after it starts to sweep does any spray land on the windshield. Which is useless because the wiper just wipes it down on its return swipe. The result is the drivers side in front of my eyes doesn’t clean. It’s quite dangerous frankly.

Any other suggestions on this issue? It doesn’t seem like this is a very common issue based on the age of this thread.

It’s pretty bad. Chronic condition with the top third of the windshield never clean. Not fun in the sun. I’m already used to cleaning the windshield every or every other SC stop whenever outside SoCal, but it would sure be nice to not go through at least 12 gallons of wiper fluid a year. Sometimes a gallon a week when wandering about. Bleh.

Service just says the jets are within spec.

Bleh a second time.

I did get some relief by having C-Bond’s NanoShield exterior windshield treatment applied. But haven’t had it long enough to really see how it will hold up.

I never use the washers,; though I might if I got splashed with mud. I do clean the windshield regularly and treat liberally with RainX. Bugs and dirt don't stick nearly as much with RainX on the windshield and the wiper improvement is incredible.

I have exactly same issue. Top half of driver side never gets cleaned. I tried to workaround by lowering the seat so I can see from below, but then when driving against the sun visor is useless. Only 3 weeks of ownership I wonder if 'S' stands for stupid in model S.

I have 2013 MS, and my nozzles had got misaligned. I tried fixing them, and in the attempt, made them worse. When I went for service a few weeks ago, I requested them to realign them. They simply replaced the nozzles. I had the single streak ones before, and now I have the horizontal spray. I have only tried them once so far, but they seemed to work pretty well.

• Informative
Reactions: fallen888
I do have subzero... so perhaps these are the heated ones. It seems like just an alignment issue, but not sure how to fix that myself. It's hard to see under there...
they are tricky to adjust but it can be done..I used a sewing pin in the spray hole, which was hard to get in the hole but worked although it was really hard to get the spray to go where you want without 'over adjusting'
...I never heard about the fan nozzles, I could see that helping a bit

they are tricky to adjust but it can be done..I used a sewing pin in the spray hole, which was hard to get in the hole but worked although it was really hard to get the spray to go where you want without 'over adjusting'
...I never heard about the fan nozzles, I could see that helping a bit

I was used to adjusting my nozzles on my previous cars, but I was not able to figure out how to do it on my 2015 Model S with subzero package. I either could not see the doggone things or was unable to see how to get any sort of tool near them. They are positioned so they are nigh unto inaccessible! I did have the service center adjust them, which improved them a bit but still leaves some areas that don't receive spray. My approach has been to spray a long time, while the wipers operate back and forth 3 or 4 times, and that seems to keep the glass at least clear enough for safety. Not as good as other cars, but tolerable. Definitely a weak design. (It must be much worse on Model X, with that huge glass area! Although they do have the potential advantage of nozzles mounted on the wiper arms...)

I sincerely hope Tesla learned how to do this better for the Model 3!