TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Windshield Washer

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by BobChaput, Jun 17, 2018.

1. BobChaput

BobChaput Member

I'm trying to determine if my Model 3 windshield washer is working correctly. In other cars I'm used to a fine spray squirting onto the windshield. Instead on the Model 3 small amounts of washer fluid are kind of dumped from the wiper. This seems to do the job. I am unable to find any sprayer or aperture on the wiper blades. Comments?

2. RTPGiants

RTPGiants Member

The sprayers are in the arms somewhere rather than on a hood as they traditionally are on other cars. They definitely spray differently than any other car I've owned. I've found them to be fine at low speeds, but at highway speeds despite the lack of "spray", they manage to somehow get fluid on the roof and on the back window while being just sort of "meh" at actually getting rid of the bugs that this car seems to accumulate with regularity.

3. TesLou22

TesLou22 Member

Is it me or does the “stock” fluid not do a very good job at cleaning even water spots from rain? I’m debating on draining and refilling with another fluid but I just read in the owners manual “Do not add formulated washer fluids that contain water repellent or bug wash. These fluids can cause streaking, smearing, and squeaking or other noises.”

What product have others found works well?