Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Washer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to determine if my Model 3 windshield washer is working correctly. In other cars I'm used to a fine spray squirting onto the windshield. Instead on the Model 3 small amounts of washer fluid are kind of dumped from the wiper. This seems to do the job. I am unable to find any sprayer or aperture on the wiper blades. Comments?

The sprayers are in the arms somewhere rather than on a hood as they traditionally are on other cars. They definitely spray differently than any other car I've owned. I've found them to be fine at low speeds, but at highway speeds despite the lack of "spray", they manage to somehow get fluid on the roof and on the back window while being just sort of "meh" at actually getting rid of the bugs that this car seems to accumulate with regularity.

Is it me or does the “stock” fluid not do a very good job at cleaning even water spots from rain? I’m debating on draining and refilling with another fluid but I just read in the owners manual “Do not add formulated washer fluids that contain water repellent or bug wash. These fluids can cause streaking, smearing, and squeaking or other noises.”

What product have others found works well?

Even at slow speeds, or stopped, my M3 will spray such that almost no fluid covers the area in front of the driver. It gets everywhere else very well covered and then leaves the most important area dry. In other words, it looks like all the fluid is being ejected to the right side of the windshield (as seen when sitting in the driver's seat). Is this intentional or am I supposed to have fluid shot to the left as well? I'm wondering if I have a mechanical problem or not.

Thanks!