Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Washer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3

Kind of a dumb question, but I'm not sure they're working correctly.

When I press and hold the left stalk button the windshield washer start to work. I expect the fluid to come out in a spray from the wipers. What comes out is kind of a puddle of fluid. It seems to do the job.

Q/ Should the fluid come out as a spray or puddle?

If it suppose to come out in a spray, do you have a suggested fix?

Model 3

Kind of a dumb question, but I'm not sure they're working correctly.

When I press and hold the left stalk button the windshield washer start to work. I expect the fluid to come out in a spray from the wipers. What comes out is kind of a puddle of fluid. It seems to do the job.

Q/ Should the fluid come out as a spray or puddle?

If it suppose to come out in a spray, do you have a suggested fix?

I had the same question/problem and went to the SC and was informed, if you have the heated option, they are not adjustable and the stream will only come out in a solid stream onto the windshield. I am working on a modification when I have time.

Ok heated is if u have the subzero package (as least that’s what it’s called in the S X) not sure what they call in the 3

There's not an equivalent in the 3.

In the 3, the nozzles are pretty crazy. The nozzles are actually at the washer arm, and they spray parallel to the wiper blade.

You are just supposed to see washer fluid magically appear near the blade, no visible spray effect.

• Informative
Reactions: favo and P85_DA
This is the way this works on the Model 3, it just dispenses the washer solution right above the wiper blade and then starts wiping and spreading it around the windshield. Seems to work well enough for me. There is nothing wrong with the wipers or the washer mechanism on your Model 3. If it is cleaning the window when you dispense the fluid then it’s working just fine.

This is the way this works on the Model 3, it just dispenses the washer solution right above the wiper blade and then starts wiping and spreading it around the windshield. Seems to work well enough for me. There is nothing wrong with the wipers or the washer mechanism on your Model 3. If it is cleaning the window when you dispense the fluid then it’s working just fine.
Thanks for the feedback