Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Wiper Fluid not coming out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to use my windshield wiper fluid to clear some grime and I’m getting nothing. I know it’s filled because I filled it (needs fluid prompt came on as I drove home from pick up...sheesh). Also, I can hear the fluid dispenser motor when I push the left wand.

I have set up a home service appointment, but thought I’d ask anyway if there was some further guidance that might help me out.

Thanks.

Has your Tesla ever dispensed washer fluid? It could be that Tesla never put any washer fluid in the reservoir and there is air in the line. Keep trying to dispense fluid but first wet down the windshield first so the wiper blades are not running dry across the windshield.

Tried to use my windshield wiper fluid to clear some grime and I’m getting nothing. I know it’s filled because I filled it (needs fluid prompt came on as I drove home from pick up...sheesh). Also, I can hear the fluid dispenser motor when I push the left wand.

I have set up a home service appointment, but thought I’d ask anyway if there was some further guidance that might help me out.

Thanks.
Take a close look at the nozzles while you’re running the washers in case the nozzles are just mis-aimed.

It’s easier to do this if you put something on the drivers seat (20+ lbs) so that the car doesn’t turn off, allowing you reach inside the car to run the washer.

Thanks for the reply. I just removed the plastic panel that covers the top half of the frunk. The hose was never attached between the pump and the wipers. It now seems to be working fine. This must have been the only thing I didn’t test when I picked the car up. Easy fix once I got the nerve up to remove the panel. Not super handy here.

Glad you were able to figure out what was wrong and fix it. If you press the turn signal stalk button to spray washer fluid while parked, i.e. inside a garage, any excess washer fluid will run down the windshield and drip onto the floor. If you were pressing the button and the line was not connected then washer fluid may have pooled on the ground underneath the vehicle. When it dries the factory washer fluid leaves a blue stain.

Thanks. Since my reservoir appeared empty (I received the low fluid warning on my way home from pick up) from the get go, probably the only fluid was what I added. I will check, but since it’s a garage, I’m not too concerned. But thanks again for the heads up.

Thanks. Since my reservoir appeared empty (I received the low fluid warning on my way home from pick up) from the get go, probably the only fluid was what I added. I will check, but since it’s a garage, I’m not too concerned. But thanks again for the heads up.
In the Model Y Owner's manual I believe I read that the washer fluid reservoir hold ~1.2 gallon.