Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield wiper jets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would recommend changing your windshield nozzles to the spray type or "froathers" instead of the jets. As far as I know the spray nozzles are only available in the non-heated version but seeing as you live in Florida this should not be an issue. I switched both of our cars over and am much happier with the performance and spray pattern.

My Model S' windshield wiper jets spray right over the car, barely getting any fluid on the windshield itself. Is that factory behavior?

Happens, on all cars. Get Tesla to adjust them for you.

Or if you want to do it yourself, open up a small paperclip and insert it into the nozzle opening and have at it. Warning: you really only need to move them a TINY bit for a big change.

I would recommend changing your windshield nozzles to the spray type or "froathers" instead of the jets. As far as I know the spray nozzles are only available in the non-heated version but seeing as you live in Florida this should not be an issue. I switched both of our cars over and am much happier with the performance and spray pattern.

Tell us more. I really don't like the driver side spray. What did you substitute, pictures of pattern?

It's the entire spray nozzle that clips in under the hood. Unclip the old one, clip in the new on and you are on your way. The new style sprays. Really no picture required. It works much, much, much better.

So it's a Tesla nozzle found in newer cars! OK, what's the Tesla part number...?

I have heated nozzle option...but it's probably not going to be missed.. I don't think heated nozzles do much even where I live with lots of freezing. We tend to not use wipers in winter.

I was told the jets were no longer adjustable for my VIN but the subject of replacing the nozzles themselves never came up.

Since day 1 the top 1/3 of the windshield doesn't get wiped sufficiently. Changing wiper blades to supposedly the Bosch Icons helped for a few days but not so much thereafter.

I've never gone through as much windshield wiper fluid as with this car.

During the last series of road trips, I had to use a spray bottle at pretty much every SC stop as the wipers just could not keep up.

It's one of the growing list of things I'll inspect closely when it comes time to test drive the next Tesla as well as at delivery.