Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

windshield wiper seems to stop short

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery a few days ago. I had a dirty windshield so I used the washer/wipers. The driver side wiper seems to stop short on the up swing, leaving the edge of "wiped" water/dirt somewhat in my visual field. Just wanted to check if this was a normal Model S experience. Thanks!

-MG

Fair enough. The pic shows where the wiper stops on the up swing. There is some serious windshield real estate to my left that doesn't get touched/wiped.
IMG_20160815_175822.jpg

That looks the same as my MS. It never bothered me, but now it will - thanks .

The wipers do seem weak /flimsy to me. They chatter. Other cars I drive (BMW, MB , Honda, Infiniti) all seem to have better engineered wipers.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: MGMDaware
]Just took delivery a few days ago. I had a dirty windshield so I used the washer/wipers. The driver side wiper seems to stop short on the up swing, leaving the edge of "wiped" water/dirt somewhat in my visual field. Just wanted to check if this was a normal Model S experience. Thanks!

My biggest peeve with the car. First S was like this and I pointed it out to Fremont service and they said nothing can be done. I was hoping when I got my next S this would be gone but nope, same exact as the first.

• Informative
Looks about normal. But I do find that the more liquid on the screen, the farther it wipes. When I put mine on high, they sweep all the way to the edge of the screen. I can see that part of the issue is the flex of the blade. It tends to flex farther than the plane of the wiper arm when on high. So I assume that they designed it to stop at a certain point in order to avoid the blade wiping all the way on to the A-pillar.

I have gotten used to it...kind of. It is a big blurry spot, which makes seeing cross traffic more difficult, along with the very wide A-pillar.

• Informative