Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Wiper Visibility Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One month into owning new Model X 100D and also having serious windshield issues. Occurs only in the dark when raining but seems to be the windshield rather than the wipers although each pass of the wipers makes it more apparent. It looks like hazy streaks all over the windshield. They do not change position but seem more apparent after each wiper pass. Really a safety hazard. I called the SC and the guy said he didn't know what I was talking about and to email him pictures. Going to try passing a strong light through the windshield at an angle to see where in the windshield the streaks are (hopefully outer surface).
Anybody else tried the vinegar and dishwashing liquid?

Thanks!

Occurs only in the dark when raining but seems to be the windshield rather than the wipers although each pass of the wipers makes it more apparent. It looks like hazy streaks all over the windshield.
And this is not the ghosting issue in another form?

Also is there any relationship to the coating color you see in daylight after a rain?

IMG_9741_grande.jpeg

Its not ghosting. Its streaking/ partially opaque lines , blotches ect all over the outer surface of the glass. Interesting can only see it when wet...
Tried automotive glass cleaner tonight which didn't touch it.

I live in the uk and had the same problem tried different wiper blades and various cleaners and rain repellents but nothing worked ..
I used a product called bar keepers friend it’s a household slightly abrasive cleaner and it worked no fine scratches what so ever but most importantly NO more smears

• Helpful
Reactions: ljames28
I had an issue with wipers smearing on the downstroke from new, I tried a few cleaning methods in this thread and it didn't resolve my issue. I saw Tesla have a service procedure to align the wipers to the glass, so I made a service request for this. They aligned the wiper arm and replaced the wiper blade and it's perfect now.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus and ohmman