Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield wipers seem a bit erratic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the dry CA central coast had my first chance to try the wipers the other day. The moisture sensing setting on least sensitive did not seem consistent with the wetness of my windshield. At times it was fine, but at other times I could barely see and was close to manual intervention when they took a swipe. Then, when the windshield was barely wet they wiped without any pause or interval. My first vehicle with moisture sensing wipers so wondering if this is "normal"

On the dry CA central coast had my first chance to try the wipers the other day. The moisture sensing setting on least sensitive did not seem consistent with the wetness of my windshield. At times it was fine, but at other times I could barely see and was close to manual intervention when they took a swipe. Then, when the windshield was barely wet they wiped without any pause or interval. My first vehicle with moisture sensing wipers so wondering if this is "normal"

My wipers randomly trigger on dry, sunny days about 3-4 times during a drive of about 70 miles roundtrip. Sometimes this happens when I go into the shade under an overpass. Anyone else observe this behavior? I'm using the second sensitivity setting.

It's the only item to be checked out when I take it to the SC for the 3rd row voluntary recall, and my all-season tires installation from my due bill. We're not using the 3rd row right now, so I'm going to wait until they call me for an appt. so others that need 3rd row on a daily basis can get their's replaced before me.