TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Windshield wipers stopped working

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Gymee, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Gymee

Gymee Member

it was about -10C this evening. I left a restaurant and when I got into my car that I had preheated (for only about 1-2 mins), the wipers giggled a few times and stopped. This repeated itself about 5 times then stopped completely. I had my autowipers set to the first or second intermittent wipe setting. After they stopped giggling, they went back into their default off position and since then I haven't been able to get them to move. Not even when out into the service mode setting or after letting the car warm up in a heated garage for an hour or two.

Anybody hear of this problem before? Dude blown? Motor fried?

Brief internet searches yield results in the model S section saying the wiper motors got replaced but my SC is 200km away and every time i have work done, they want to charge me $100 to have the car picked up.

24 service line said they need to reach out to the local SC and this takes about 48-72 hours in previous experience for a response. Without working wipers, the car is really too dangerous to be used to transport my two toddlers and newborn. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Gymee

Gymee Member

Update:
    Roadside assistance was able to see the wiper fault so they reset it over the air and fixed the problem!

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1