TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Windshield

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by Wrkent100, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Wrkent100

Wrkent100 Member

June 2017 new car purchase...does anyone else notice the windshield seems to get more easily nicked or cracked than other windshields. Has nothing to do with being larger, these nicks are within normal size windshield measurements.

My prior BMW had no nicks after two years, tesla has 6-8 after 4 months.

2. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

Got ours in June
    No nicks, but I stay away from trucks

3. TacC

TacC Member

I concur. I don't know if it is the size of the windshield or the angle or both. I got one chip in the windshield of my Ford Focus after 14 years. In less than six months I had two on the X with the same commute.

4. COrich

COrich Member

Where I live, you expect rock chips and sand blasting within a couple months of driving. Especially in the spring when the winds pick up and the roads are still covered with sand/gravel from the winter. The X has not been any worse than my previous vehicles:

Dodge Caravan,
    Jeep Wrangler,
    Jeep Grand Cherokee,
    VW Jetta,
    VW Passat,
    VW Tiguan

Each one of those ended up with pits soon after a replacement was installed. Nothing you can do about it at times.