Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wingit's new finish.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WINGIT

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2018
Georgia
A few photos of Wingit after having Xpel Ultimate applied by Atlanta Protective Films (Derek in Roswell) and Ceramic Pro applied by SS Paint Corrections (Skyler in Marietta). Sweet!!!

Wingit 0.jpg
View attachment 301451
Wingit 6.JPG

I am curious why you used three different vendors? Dealers in my area are certified in both. Looks great btw!

Each company we dealt with is the best we could find for their specialty. We found Atlanta Protective Films just by doing research. Executive Tint is actually collocated with APF in the same building. Also Executive Tint did the windows for Like Tesla Kim's Model X. And last, Derek at APF recommended Skyler at SS Paint Corrections. He has worked for years in paint correction and that is his specificity.

I did the front only wrap, along with some extra material at the bottom of the doors, when it was new. A few months later I decided to have the entire car (less the frunk) wrapped. Glad I did as I drove about 5k miles of winter mountain driving this year and am sure the wrap helped a lot.

Having said that I still have about 4 places on the hood where rock chips broke through the Xpel and in one case still chipped the paint. My car still looks as good as the day I got it in March of 2016. Of course parking way out in the boondies doesn't hurt either. Xpel cannot save you from door dings.

upload_2018-5-18_10-37-46.png

Reactions: WINGIT
I did the front only wrap, along with some extra material at the bottom of the doors, when it was new. A few months later I decided to have the entire car (less the frunk) wrapped. Glad I did as I drove about 5k miles of winter mountain driving this year and am sure the wrap helped a lot.

Having said that I still have about 4 places on the hood where rock chips broke through the Xpel and in one case still chipped the paint. My car still looks as good as the day I got it in March of 2016. Of course parking way out in the boondies doesn't hurt either. Xpel cannot save you from door dings.

View attachment 302063

Looks good! :)