Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winning the PR war (Time for big grassroots push?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ZachF

Mar 31, 2016
Park City, UT
So, the shorts are pulling out all the stops in hopes of using market reflexivity to create a self-fulfilling prophecy with the company's failure, it's what they do. They need to do this before Q3 and Q4.

So how can we fans/owners/investors fight back?

My boss recently bought a M3P and he intends to Uber people around in it to share the experience.

It really is a good idea. Tesla's best selling point is the car itself.

I was a doubter of EVs until I sat in one in late 2014. I thought they were oddities, and would never amount to much. Batteries would "never match gas in energy density"... But sitting in it got the ball rolling on knocking down the FUD of EVs.

What if many thousands of Tesla owners decided to do that for the next month. Let's see how many butts we can get into seats to show what the future of automobiles is! Uber drive, lyft drive, carpool all your friends to work. Let them ride in it, and tell their friends how it made their car seem like a lame blackberry to the new shiny iPhone.

-Stomp the throttle, let them see how it makes ICE cars seem lame in comparison.
-Tell them it only takes a sawbuck to "fill it up" for 300 miles of driving
-swat down any FUD they mave have about EVs (range anxiety, etc.)

I think we should push this month to spread the word!

Anyone else have any other ideas?

I don’t think you can fight it.

The acticle titles will NOT be like “100,000 people show up with M3Ps to support Tesla”

They WILL read,
“Only 100K have Tesla’s. 300,000 have canceled”
“Tesla bankruptcy imminent. Only 100k show support. 300,000 must have canceled”
“100,000 Model 3s sitting idle. Why isn’t Tesla delivering?”

You just can’t fight this FUD when you don’t own the news paper.
Plus when those titles are timed with a 500,000 share dump within seconds of publishing, there is just nothing to do but laugh..... and I don’t mean in a good way. I don’t know why Elon gets so worked up and let’s them win. If he is being honest about sustained profitability and self funding, who cares. It will go up when he shows us his cards. Right now it is assumed he is bluffing.

Reactions: oneday