Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winrun R330 tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In tossing up between the Conti and Michelins for a P85D I came across the Winrun R330's (Winrun R330 245/35R21 96W Tyres - Buy Online Price $173).

I'm mildly curious - does anyone have any experience with these tyres? I suspect it is 'you get what you pay for' but worth asking.

I can't comment on the quality of the Winrun tyres but the only thing keeping your expensive piece of machinery glued to the road is four patches of rubber, make sure that's the best you can get, the Michelin Primacy may well be worth the extra $600 a set.

Thanks all.

In the end I decided to opt for the safer route - change my current Continentals for a pair of Michelin Super Sports (245/35/21). I have had no issue with the Continentals but wanted to see what the Michelins are like.

I'm still curious on the Winruns but perhaps another time and another car.

Reactions: Vegas
As it turns out...

One of the reasons I decided to replace the rear tyres (aside from tread depth) was that there was a slow leak in the left tyre. Replacing the tyres unfortunately did not stop the leak.

Took the car back to Bob Janes this morning and was told the rim was cracked :(

I could ask the question of whether I should get the rim repaired or whether I should get it replaced but I think I know the answer...

Love the 21'' rims but they are becoming expensive...

Bought a new rim from Tesla (fortunately they had one at short notice) and had it fitted.

For those interested this is the cracked rim :(

IMG_9457.JPG IMG_9454.JPG

PS

Couldn't resist testing the Michelin Super Sports - not sure if it is because they are new - but they result in more traction control (than the Conti's) at launch.

Having just recently driven a 75 with Michelin primacy as a loan car, the noise difference compared to the Goodyears is very striking. Grip and longevity on the Goodyears is great, but not the noise level! I have about another 15000 km in my Goodyears but seriously thinking of swapping over.

Having just recently driven a 75 with Michelin primacy as a loan car, the noise difference compared to the Goodyears is very striking. Grip and longevity on the Goodyears is great, but not the noise level! I have about another 15000 km in my Goodyears but seriously thinking of swapping over.
I'm running the Primacys (JAX $1360 installed) and, yes, they are MUCH quieter than the GoodYears I had.