Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter/AS options for MYP with 21" OE wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm a big believer in winter tires even for my region (mid-Atlantic).

Traditionally, I've purchased a size down wheels/tires for winter but before I do for my MYP, I was wondering what my tire size options are for the MYP

I used tire rack and I have the OE staggered AS setup 255/35-21 and 275/35-21...

can you put 275/35's on front too? Any other 21" sizes that are known to fit this vehicle?

I do like the OE michelin AS but they are insanely expensive.

The 275/35-21 tires will fit the OE 9.5" width front wheels. (Some feel the OE 275 width tires are stretched on the 10.5" rear wheels and go up in size to 295/35-21 in the rear.)

Your best option would be to purchase a winter wheel and tire package with either 19" wheels or 18" wheels (Some 18" wheels such as those from TSportline are specifically made to fit the PMY and will fit over the performance brake calipers.)

For the Mid Altantic region, unless you regularly drive to ski/mountain areas the OE Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4 would be fine. Other options include the Michelin Cross Climate 2 (available in 19" and 20" to fit the Model Y.)

Reactions: BearlyAdulting