Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Driving Redefined

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice! I'm not in Norway by any means but so far this Winter (with snow tires) I've been VERY impressed with the traction and stability control. It's almost corrects automatically with minimal driver inputs. I'm a wimp in the snow, and I've been simply loving it.

coldtesla.jpg

Inside temperature -4.5C, now that is really cold for inside. Other than that, really nice video!

Fabulous video. Wonder what tire setup they are using (...not for me, but many inquiring minds probably want to know)?

at 3:24 you can clearly see the Nokian name and part of the Hakkapeliitta name and when you watch parts of it you can clearly see the studs so they are either hakka 7s or 8s ... my guess would be 8s as the 7s are/were being discontinued sometime soon if not already.

at 3:24 you can clearly see the Nokian name and part of the Hakkapeliitta name and when you watch parts of it you can clearly see the studs so they are either hakka 7s or 8s ... my guess would be 8s as the 7s are/were being discontinued sometime soon if not already.

I think Tesla is still shipping Hakka 7's with their winter wheels and you can choose either if you go aftermarket (7's are still being sold even though 8 is the new model). I've got 8's myself.

Very nice video!

I do wish they didn't feel the need to slip that line in there @~02:00 about barely seeing range reduced in winter. I think all the owners here will agree that is pure BS.

Tesla, you already have a great product, you don't need to mislead people about its capabilities.

The video is really nice. Very clean and polished.

However, I think Tesla is pushing the envelope too far by saying range is almost unaffected. Also, without studs and only winter tires (which are forbidden in many parking garage) the car is average in snowy conditions. I really believe they raised the expectation bar too much. Here (in Quebec/Canada), almost everyone that have a premium car have AWD so their expectations are very high. Mine is stored for the winter as I didn't like my experience last year. I guess I'm crazy.

@patp: noob question - interested in how you store it? Do you leave it plugged in @ ~ full charge all winter (wouldn't that negatively impact battery life). Or is there a way to maintain a lower charge level that doesn't negatively impact battery life?

Great question. Actually I think Tesla should be clearer on storage. My configuration is car plugged at all time and charging level slider at the minimum setting (about 50%). I also own a Tesla Roadster and there is a storage mode setting so it was easier to know what to do best.