Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Floor Mat Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PattyChuck

Model S P100D, Model X P90D
Jan 24, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
With all the threads talking about winter driving, snow tires, etc., it got me thinking... does anyone know if Tesla is going to offer winter floor mats? Salt collecting on the exterior of a car is one thing, but it will absolutely destroy carpet floor mats in just a few short years. I have always bought winter floor mats for my cars to swap out once the snow/salt comes. If Tesla isn't going to offer this, does anyone know of any after-market solutions that will fit the car?

I believe South Florida Author is going to be making some from rubber he hand milled from trees in Miami and rolled on the thighs of supermodels.

Kidding! I'm guessing most any rubber mat will fit--the only question is if it is anchored. I can look for an anchor point this weekend if someone doesn't have the answer before then.

I think a set of cocomats would fit the character of the car. I have three sets in my vehicles from cocomats.com and they are substantial, attractive and comfortable, even with bare feet.

I would love it if these guys made them:

http://www.weathertech.com

I have them in my current car. They are custom formed molded "pans" that are kind of expensive, but unlike regular rubber mats where the dirty crud just rolls off and onto the carpet underneath, these really protect.

Mike

When I lived in Colorado, I swore by these mats. Teenage boys plus slushy|muddy ground - the mats handled it all. I'm sure they'll be able to find sizes that are close, someone may need to just send them the measurements or stop in one of the stores and make paper templates to send them.

I'm sure they'll be able to find sizes that are close, someone may need to just send them the measurements or stop in one of the stores and make paper templates to send them.

Pretty sure they laser scan to get the 3d dimensions. Someone in Illinois needs to donate their car for an hour. I would definitely be interested in these if we could get them made. I have used Huskyliners in the past for my trucks and they survived years of abuse. "OEM" (Toyota) weather mats traditionally have been less successful.

Pretty sure they laser scan to get the 3d dimensions. Someone in Illinois needs to donate their car for an hour. I would definitely be interested in these if we could get them made. I have used Huskyliners in the past for my trucks and they survived years of abuse. "OEM" (Toyota) weather mats traditionally have been less successful.

I'm sure you're right - I was thinking that the paper templates would help them identify if they had mats for another make/model that would work.

Well, as luck would have it, their factory is only 25 minutes from the Tesla Store in Oak Brook. Nonetheless, I would be more than happy to lend them my Model S for a day if it included a set of free mats :biggrin:

Well, as luck would have it, their factory is only 25 minutes from the Tesla Store in Oak Brook. Nonetheless, I would be more than happy to lend them my Model S for a day if it included a set of free mats :biggrin:

And as luck would have it, I'm only 15 mins away from them and 10 mins away from the OB store; unfortunately I'm rather far down the line so I don't think I'll be much help....

I got the following helpful letter last night:
Audrey Thibeau [email protected]
3:33 PM (17 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting MacNeil Automtotive's WeatherTech.
We are actually currently working on our FloorLiners for the 2013+ Tesla "S" models. It is estimated these will be finished production to be up for sale in roughly 9 more weeks.

It is suggested that you sign yourself up on our website so that we will contact you when we have this item available:

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/

Thanks,
Audrey Thibeau
CSR