TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Winter Floor Mat Options?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by PattyChuck, Aug 8, 2012.

1. PattyChuck

PattyChuck P6703 VIN4080

With all the threads talking about winter driving, snow tires, etc., it got me thinking... does anyone know if Tesla is going to offer winter floor mats? Salt collecting on the exterior of a car is one thing, but it will absolutely destroy carpet floor mats in just a few short years. I have always bought winter floor mats for my cars to swap out once the snow/salt comes. If Tesla isn't going to offer this, does anyone know of any after-market solutions that will fit the car?

2. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

I believe South Florida Author is going to be making some from rubber he hand milled from trees in Miami and rolled on the thighs of supermodels.

Kidding! I'm guessing most any rubber mat will fit--the only question is if it is anchored. I can look for an anchor point this weekend if someone doesn't have the answer before then.

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I would love it if these guys made them:

http://www.weathertech.com

I have them in my current car. They are custom formed molded "pans" that are kind of expensive, but unlike regular rubber mats where the dirty crud just rolls off and onto the carpet underneath, these really protect.

Mike

4. acentre

acentre Member

I think a set of cocomats would fit the character of the car. I have three sets in my vehicles from cocomats.com and they are substantial, attractive and comfortable, even with bare feet.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@mknox - I sent them a Product Inquiry regarding Model S. Hopefully they'll get back to me.

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Hah! I did too. Maybe they'll have a product before I hit winter driving!

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

When I lived in Colorado, I swore by these mats. Teenage boys plus slushy|muddy ground - the mats handled it all. I'm sure they'll be able to find sizes that are close, someone may need to just send them the measurements or stop in one of the stores and make paper templates to send them.

8. spleen

spleen Active Member

Hope WeatherTech is more responsive to you guys. I know a bunch of us Leaf drivers sent in requests to WeatherTech to consider making mats for our cars and none of us ever heard back from them.

9. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

If we all contact them and ask, perhaps they will. They probably won't, though, unless we do.

10. hj-45

hj-45 Member

Pretty sure they laser scan to get the 3d dimensions. Someone in Illinois needs to donate their car for an hour. I would definitely be interested in these if we could get them made. I have used Huskyliners in the past for my trucks and they survived years of abuse. "OEM" (Toyota) weather mats traditionally have been less successful.

11. jkirkebo

jkirkebo Model S P85+ VIN 14420 EU

I expect my Model S to be delivered with rubber floor mats, as all other cars are in Norway. Carpet mats are useless here, we use rubber floor mats year round. When I got my Leaf last year, it was delivered with (anchored) rubber floor mats only.

12. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'm sure you're right - I was thinking that the paper templates would help them identify if they had mats for another make/model that would work.

13. PattyChuck

PattyChuck P6703 VIN4080

Well, as luck would have it, their factory is only 25 minutes from the Tesla Store in Oak Brook. Nonetheless, I would be more than happy to lend them my Model S for a day if it included a set of free mats :biggrin:

14. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

And as luck would have it, I'm only 15 mins away from them and 10 mins away from the OB store; unfortunately I'm rather far down the line so I don't think I'll be much help....

15. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

I got the following helpful letter last night:

16. hj-45

hj-45 Member

Nicely done!

17. PattyChuck

PattyChuck P6703 VIN4080

Rats. There goes my chances of getting free floor mats. :wink: Thanks for the link, though! Sent them my info...

18. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Thanks, Robert! Signed up for "Complete Set (1st Row, 2nd Row, and 2nd Row Aisle)".

19. Vger

Vger Active Member

Me too! Thanks all for the recommendation and action!

20. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I signed up too. I added a note asking for a complete set that includes the trunk and frunk.