Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Floor Mat Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love it if these guys made them:

http://www.weathertech.com

I have them in my current car. They are custom formed molded "pans" that are kind of expensive, but unlike regular rubber mats where the dirty crud just rolls off and onto the carpet underneath, these really protect.

Mike

I put in a request at WeatherTech for All-Weather Mats for the Model S. Am I correct that Model S carpets are always black, regardless of the interior color?

I put in a request at WeatherTech for All-Weather Mats for the Model S. Am I correct that Model S carpets are always black, regardless of the interior color?

Yes, the carpet is always black, including the frunk and trunk. The color choice is simply that of the leather and leather-like surfaces, below the lacewood/obeche/CF trim on the dash, armrests, back seats, front seats, and doors.

If you don't want to wait, these are available now and come in about 12 colors: Rubbertite Custom Fit All Weather Automobile Floor Mats | Lloyd Mats

I actually have these in black. Not the greatest. I think much of that has to do with the lack of "walls"/

Anywho, I'm bumping this thread because I came across this picture while searching for the sig door sills:

banana-dash-full.jpg

You can see some nice rubber mats in the passenger wheel well.

I actually have these in black. Not the greatest. I think much of that has to do with the lack of "walls"/

Anywho, I'm bumping this thread because I came across this picture while searching for the sig door sills:

View attachment 11997

You can see some nice rubber mats in the passenger wheel well.

Oh lord. This is pathetic. Not only do I know the Tesla employees in the pic who have faces showing, I know where it was taken. The only thing more pathetic is I know a bunch of you know the same.

I asked this question on the Lloyd's thread, but but I don't think as many people are reading that one. I'm planning on getting rubber mats, and but I don't know what all the pieces refer to. There are obviously the front & 2nd row, a frunk and trunk (without jumpseats), but there is also a rectangular one that, by it's description, sounds like it may go in the rear as well. So where exactly does that fit?

I will be getting jump seats; do you think I can just cut or fold the large trunk mat myself, is the smaller rectangle piece for where the kids' feet will go, or is it better just to wait until the jump seats arrive and Lloyd's has a design for it? (although I'd prefer to have it all in one order for shipping efficiencies) .

I believe that last piece is the one that fits in the footwell where the kids' feet would be, if they were seated in the jump seats. I think I saw that described early on in the Lloyd's thread, maybe posted by Artsci?

They call it a "small deck mat", with a note under saying, "cargo well - no jump seats". It's cryptic to me. Artsci won't have his S until spring, colinb also won't get his car until after me. I think I've read all the threads pertaining to this and haven't seen any pics of Lloyd's mats in the trunk... Although it is difficult to keep up with the sheer volume of info produced these days on TMC!

I have a couple of days before I need to order (yes, I'm a sucker for limited time offers...)