Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Floor Mat Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the Lloyd's mats in general; but I was disappointed with the one for the footwell. I think kid's snow boots would be hitting the sides of the footwell, and the Lloyd's mat doesn't even completely cover what I might consider the bottom (hard to say exactly where the bottom ends as it curves in there). Personally, I'd want more coverage.

At my local O'Rielly's auto shop, for $10 they had a roll of black auto carpeting that matches pretty well. I think it's 3' by 6', and could probably be cut to fit in there nicely. It's not waterproof though; water from snow boots will get through it, but I think it would do a pretty good job of stopping the dirt.

I put in a request at WeatherTech for All-Weather Mats for the Model S. Am I correct that Model S carpets are always black, regardless of the interior color?

Weathertech is located in Bolingbrook, IL. I've heard from good sources that they have been in repeatedly to measure Model S at the Oak Brook, IL showroom, and should soon have mats available.

Keep checking their website. I'll be getting them as soon as they come out. Will post then.

Is Tesla using weathertech for their all-weather mat? Wondering if that will keep them from being available direct from weathertech for awhile or not. Still waiting for it to show up on one or the other. (well at least more available than just the frunk that tesla has now: Model S All-Weather Floor Mat - Frunk Set (Interior Upgrades) Tesla Motors )

I thought the same thing. That sure looks like a WeatherTech design. Wonder why Tesla only has a frunk version? Seems an odd place to start. (I'm a huge fan of WeatherTech mats. Have them in all my cars and they're great).

Spoke to WeatherTech yesterday. They acknowledged that they have measured the Model S, and that mats are "in engineering" with availability listed as "7 weeks", though "it could be sooner, so keep checking website". They also indicated that they update their website frequently, so Tesla should show up there promptly when available.

Link is: http://www.weathertech.com

Spoke to WeatherTech yesterday. They acknowledged that they have measured the Model S, and that mats are "in engineering" with availability listed as "7 weeks", though "it could be sooner, so keep checking website". They also indicated that they update their website frequently, so Tesla should show up there promptly when available.

Outstanding! My S comes in the spring, and this means I'll have a good set of winter mats by next snow season.

I emailed WeatherTech over the weekend and got a reply as below. I suggest we all put in a request - note Tesla is not in the pull-down on the request form itself so tick the "Check here if you do not see your vehicle" and type it in. If we all do it, I expect they'll make it more of a priority and speed their production plans.

To: Peter K
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:21 PM
Subject: RE: Product inquiry

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your interest in Weathertech!!
Unfortunately we do not currently manufacture the items you're looking for. To help make the floorliners for the Tesla Model S a priority for our product development schedule you can submit a product request form here:

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/

Feel free to contact us with any further questions or comments, and thank you for your interest in our products!
Contact us at : 800-441-6287

Thanks agian,

Daisy

Last edited:
I emailed WeatherTech over the weekend and got a reply as below. I suggest we all put in a request - note Tesla is not in the pull-down on the request form itself so tick the "Check here if you do not see your vehicle" and type it in. If we all do it, I expect they'll make it more of a priority and speed their production plans.

To: Peter Kirby <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:21 PM
Subject: RE: Product inquiry

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your interest in Weathertech!!
Unfortunately we do not currently manufacture the items you're looking for. To help make the floorliners for the Tesla Model S a priority for our product development schedule you can submit a product request form here:

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/

Feel free to contact us with any further questions or comments, and thank you for your interest in our products!
Contact us at : 800-441-6287

Thanks agian,

Daisy

What I'm telling you is that they are already committed and in engineering. Ok to plaster them with requests, but unneccesary

Can't hurt - and it's what their customer support person requested. "7 weeks" could be like "check's in the mail"...

FWIW: WeatherTech told me "in 1-2 months" repeatedly over a 12-14 month period for availability of mats for the new Sienna when it first came out. I hope they have a better time frame for the Model S, but in my case the "check's in the mail" syndrome was quite accurate.

For that reason, I got the Lloyd mats as a temporary solution as I have little faith that the WT mats will be out soon but YMMV. I also like their mats the best. Wish they had a more accurate track record in terms of availability info.

Cheers

The Lloyd's rubber mats are very stinky - I recommend getting them well ahead of time and airing out in your garage, for weeks if possible. They are only getting to a non-stinky stage now for me after 4+ weeks of airing and 4+ weeks in the car. I have developed a habit of leaving the windows open in the car overnight (heated garage) to help the smell dissipate.

The Lloyd's rubber mats are very stinky - I recommend getting them well ahead of time and airing out in your garage, for weeks if possible. They are only getting to a non-stinky stage now for me after 4+ weeks of airing and 4+ weeks in the car. I have developed a habit of leaving the windows open in the car overnight (heated garage) to help the smell dissipate.

After having done all that, dousing them with Febreze worked very well for me. No more stink.

u5apaden.jpg