Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

winter is coming..how do you prepare your tesla for winter beside winter tire swtich?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very sexy but what to do for a male?

You have to use a Bro, right?

Reactions: mrElbe
You know, the best "preparation" you can do is wait for the first snow, find an empty parking lot and go play with the car. That's how you learn how it feels when it slides. You can play with your presets and gain confidence. Now, don't blame me if the police see you or if you hit a concrete barrier :)
Huge thumbs-up. Tesla is very heavy. I had to tune my driving style to keep workload within available traction.

First snow when our younger daughter was driving, we went to a nearby parking lot for Skid School. Got her to the top of a mild slope, had her get some speed, then press the brake and practice recovery. No ABS in the old SAAB.

Practiced other maneuvers until I was comfortable she could recognize traction loss and recover smoothly. She never had a winter mishap, knew the limits and was not paralyzed by fear.

She had spent years in gymnastics. That likely tuned her proprioception and reflexes. Older daughter learned to drive in Texas. No snowy parking lots nearby.

Huge thumbs-up. Tesla is very heavy. I had to tune my driving style to keep workload within available traction.

First snow when our younger daughter was driving, we went to a nearby parking lot for Skid School. Got her to the top of a mild slope, had her get some speed, then press the brake and practice recovery. No ABS in the old SAAB.

Practiced other maneuvers until I was comfortable she could recognize traction loss and recover smoothly. She never had a winter mishap, knew the limits and was not paralyzed by fear.

She had spent years in gymnastics. That likely tuned her proprioception and reflexes. Older daughter learned to drive in Texas. No snowy parking lots nearby.
I would also highly recommend practicing track mode on a snow covered parking lot. You can make perfect four wheel drift circles without damaging your tires. Makes even an average driver look like a pro. :)

I bought this stuff off of Amazon.ca and applied it to the rubber seals on each door where it contacts the window. Works really well.
nextzett 91480615 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber
I needed this last week!! Took a long time and lots of careful work to dislodge the ice from the bottom window trim from all four of my doors in cold ice/snow conditions. After that I’ll be giving this a try.