Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter is Coming - when do you install your winter tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you guys going on about?
;)
D5B56F57-BB67-4965-995E-370CE7729FA6.jpeg

(The x-ices went on 3 weeks ago for a trip down to Vancouver.)

Just installed new ones today. I think it's a tad early, although the frost on the ground told me maybe it's a good idea. Ended up going with Michelin X-ICE3s.
Got the Michelin X-ice 3’s for our Volt because of the recommendations on this forum. They are great tires. Once the Perelli winter tires that we got from Tesla are worn, will definitely get the Michelin’s for the Model S as well.

GoTire just came to my house and swapped my Slipstreams for Replika 187s. For $140.00 they mounted the Pirelli Sottozero (came w/ my car and are practically brand new so couldn't justify buying the Nokians) on the Replika 187s, balanced them and swapped them onto the car. Pretty good value considering I didn't have to leave my house.

Would definitely recommend.

Speaking of this, when I got into my car this evening, after it sat in -5 temps all day, I got a low pressure warning in one tire as the front right was at 2.6 bars. Is this typical when it gets cold, after all, if I remember correctly, pv=Nrt.

I will add some air, but Go tire is coming next week.

Speaking of this, when I got into my car this evening, after it sat in -5 temps all day, I got a low pressure warning in one tire as the front right was at 2.6 bars. Is this typical when it gets cold, after all, if I remember correctly, pv=Nrt.

I will add some air, but Go tire is coming next week.

Yeah I also got a TPMS warning today. D'oh I check my race car every time I use it... daily driver, not so much.

• Funny
Reactions: Lon12