Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter is coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, even though game of thrones has stopped, it appears that winter is still coming this year. Last winter I wrote a simple application dubbed TeslaTasks that makes it possible to schedule heating (and charging) your Tesla from a Google calendar. Back then I needed testers, because the Tesla API turned out to be not impressively stable. But it seems things are stable now, so we can really unfreeze our cars coming winter. TeslaTasks is free (as in beer), so if you like to stay in bed while your car is preheating...

appointment249x264-png.29817

I've created TeslaTasks initially just for myself, but the effort of making it usable for more people was not that big, so why not be a social human and share. Yes, registering requires trust by the owner of the car, and it is something that everyone needs to decide for him/herself if it is worth the risk. I have blogged about it, but it is what we have to live with, it simply is the way Tesla created their API. You can always temporarily change your password, and after registering with TeslaTasks change it back. Oh, Zac from now-you-know has tested it, and I still don't know his password.
upload_2019-10-20_18-54-18.gif

And you can also schedule other things, like charging or turning on sentry mode at home at night.