Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
What's the best option for winter mats - buying them directly from Tesla? I am surprised they didn't mention this when I picked up the vehicle as it would have been nice to have them installed when I first got the car.

What's the best option for winter mats - buying them directly from Tesla? I am surprised they didn't mention this when I picked up the vehicle as it would have been nice to have them installed when I first got the car.

I got the Tesla mats. I haven't really had the chance to use them yet since my car went straight from Tesla to the wrapper/detailer - but they certainly look to be good quality. Apparently they're rebranded Weathertech mats.

Tesla is a bit odd... when I took delivery/ownership of the car they really made almost no effort to sell me on any widgets/accessories or options. It was quite an unusual experience. I had to specifically ask about the mats - a couple of times actually. There is certainly a trade-off there. Nobody likes the hard-sell to buy extras that you get at a traditional dealership - but some sort of soft offering, where they let you take a look at the accessories available wouldn't be a bad idea.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Tesla winter mats are WeatherTech. If they are, those will be the only mats you'll ever need. Keeps your floors nice and clean.

Can't go wrong with those, I'll never buy any other mats again.

Yup, the winter mats from Tesla are as good as Weathertech, and cost less.
I forgot to get them when I picked up my car, but got them a few weeks later.

Agree with sandpiper...maybe them mentioning in an offhanded way saying "there are Telsa accessories over there if you wish to look at them later" . Definitely liked that there was no hard-sell on anything during the car delivery experience.

I got the Tesla mats (made by Weathertech) and I leave them in all year round. They fit well and they do a good job of keeping the dirt/slush/snow off the carpet. There's no need for the anchor screws for the driver mats; they are form-fitted so they don't slide around. I also got the footwell and trunk liners, which are similar and I'm happy with them too.

Yup, the winter mats from Tesla are as good as Weathertech, and cost less.
I forgot to get them when I picked up my car, but got them a few weeks later.

Agree with sandpiper...maybe them mentioning in an offhanded way saying "there are Telsa accessories over there if you wish to look at them later" . Definitely liked that there was no hard-sell on anything during the car delivery experience.

Tesla is in business to do it right the first time. Just like Mike Holmes :)

The Tesla mats are great. Though I do find that with the slanted edge at the back of the mat encourages any pooled water to overflow to the carpet when the car accelerates. I always put 2 pieces of paper towels on the mat to suck up any excess water after snow storms. My previous weathertechs all have vertical edges at the bottom which prevents this problem.